I was too late to help my friend

I was too late to help my friend through her depression.:sob::sob::sob: When I asked her friend where she was her friend said that she ended her life.:sob::sob::sob: So now Im VERY, VERY, VERY Depressed

2 Likes

Shadow874,

First I am so sorry about your friend. This is not on you please know that. Loosing a friend is so hard and when it is because of this it is so much harder. I am glad that you are reaching out. I want you to know that you are loved. I hope you can find hope in the fact that you arent alone and that people will hear you and listen here.

I am so sorry about your friend but again this is not on you she made the choice and you tried your best.

Hold fast
Ash

2 Likes

Hey Shadow,
I am so very sorry for your loss. big hugs This type of loss is even more painful. I’ve been there too. I wish there was something that could be said that would help but there isnt. What I can say though is that it isn’t your fault. If she was so intend on doing it, she was beyond what you could do so you shouldn’t blame yourself. The whole community here is behind you dear. You’re not alone.

With love and big hugs,
Bethy

2 Likes

Shadow,

I am so sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine the pain you are feeling right now. Know that it was not your fault.

Please know that we are here. You are loved.

2 Likes

@Shadow874 I am so so sorry for your loss. However you can’t blame yourself. ITS NOT your fault. When someone is at a point in their lives that they really do not want to live and have their suicide planned out in their heads, there is very little chance of them being spoken out of it. All you can do now is remember them for the things they did to help you, others and the best part of their lives and use your experience to help other people in the same position as you. Learn from this - but give yourself time to grieve. That’s okay. You can get past this.

Hold fast.
Kayla

3 Likes

Hey @Shadow874,

I’m so, so sorry to hear about your friend. Please know that it is NOT your fault; don’t put this on yourself. Remember that you’re loved and that your life is valuable. We are here if you need anyone to talk to.

-Eric

2 Likes

Hey shadow,

I’m sorry to hear about your friend and that you are suffering.

Any feelings of guilt or regret you may have right now will pass it is unfortunately hindsight and we all get this I have it right now about a different situation and the best thing I would say is talk to us. Everyone on here is here for a reason and we all wish you the best

Power to you

3 Likes

Thanks guys your the best

3 Likes

Hey shadow. I’m going through something similar, friend. I was/am pretty distraught about it. I made a forum post here as well and some of the advice given to me was/is really useful and helpful to me so I hope it will be to you, too. These aren’t in exact quotes.
It’s important to try and find closure. It isn’t easy to move forward and life might throw a curve ball or two at you while you try to do this. One day you’ll look back and realize how far you have grown together, she will live on in your spirit and in the spirit of her friends and the other people who were around her.
-Carolyn88

It’s important to keep reaching out here. When you think about your friend write a letter to her. When you think of someone you miss i would suggest you write them a letter. You dont have to give that person you miss the letter if they’re alive. For those who are not alive i suggesting tying the letter to a balloon and letting it go, and imagining it as a weight lifted off of your chest and a letter that is going to reach them. We’re here for you, friend. Don’t hesitate to come back if you need help.
-Kayla/With my twist on it

the replies to this post are what im referencing and I hope you can find use in the other comments that were there too. We’re here and love you my friend. Take care of yourself.

2 Likes

Thanks i wont forget it

1 Like

@Shadow874 I am so sorry for your lose don’t let this consume you know we will win this war on suicide. know we are here for my friend

2 Likes

Hello, I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how much pain you are in, but please, don’t blame yourself. It is not your fault. Read that over and over. If you need someone to talk to about how you’re feeling, feel free to message me. I’d be happy to listen and offer what advice I can, but I know this is something that words can’t heal. I know that talking about it helps though so I can at least offer my ears. big hugs