I Wasn't Happy With Alcohol - Briton Bond of Wage War

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

Briton from Wage War talks about his decision to be sober from alcohol, and how he’s found a new happiness since doing life without a substance.

1 Like

Good for you!!! It’s great you discovered this before you were deep down that treacherous path… truth is you’ll never find it in a bottle of alcohol or pills, drugs etc.

1 Like

Jesus bro is the way…

I’m so glad this has no dislikes. Says enough.

Your one of my hero’s, Briton. Keep spreading light and love to others. That is what truly matters in life. Love you bro.

Quit drinking for the same reasons

1 Like

but does this dude know Jesus Christ? Better yet does Jesus know him?

1 Like

I am 5 months sober and loving life. I have so much in common with this dude. This is such a beautiful world when you can see it through clear eyes.

1 Like

im 22 and have only had 1 beer. shit tasted nasty lol

1 Like

Well done Briton I am a vocalist for my Metalcore band and 2 years straight edge dude best thing ever dude!

1 Like

i am an alcoholic and it is to damn hard to stop. i feel like giving up

1 Like

I totally resonate with this. Thanks for your honesty

1 Like

This is facts. Amen to this

1 Like

Thank you, I needed to hear this.

1 Like

my dad is a heavy drinker. has been since before i was born(i’m 20 now).
i hope he sees the same light as briton someday.

1 Like

Isn’t Alcohol more so a stimulant than anything? When your BAC (blood alcohol content) is high, you’re typically stimulated by that, but the downs come when your BAC drops.

I understand it’s classified as a depressant, but it doesn’t necessarily make you depressed. More so heightens what you already are feeling, making it a mood elevator. Though due to the comedown, I’d assume that’s why it’s a depressant.

If I’m wrong, please tell me. I’ve learned this through reading and interpretation.

1 Like

Honestly felt the same with alcohol. I was with a girlfriend who’d always want to drink and go party and what not. I had never drank anything before her, I didn’t know what it was like. I had a good time my first time being under the influence, but as I kept doing it I just felt off. I didn’t really care for it the way it seemed everyone else did. I stopped drinking altogether, stopped really doing any party type stuff. I feel better about it. I don’t enjoy being altered by substance. I’m since not with that girlfriend anymore, which initially sucked because I cared about her a lot. But I’m in a much better place now.

1 Like

Wen I stopped drinking is one day I was haveing a beer and I just became bored with the life style and I just stopped drinking I mean rarely ever will u see me with one beer where as used to I’d have 3 or 4 in one night.

1 Like

I agree with some of the best memories worth haveing are worth haveing sober.

1 Like