I will commit suicide on Friday

I will commit suicide on Friday. My mother just died a month ago and I inherited her debt(not a small amount). I can’t make that much money to pay the rent, eat and the debt. I have a job I work from home office because of my anxiety. What should I do?
I am already writing letters to friends to say goodbye.
Without xanax and zoloft I can’t go to shopping or just on the streets, but they are less effective now. I take 2mg of xanax and still have panic attacks.
I guess my best choice would be to start a new life in a new country but I don’t know how.

6 Likes

Hi Jenny,
welcome to Heart Support.
thank you for reaching out to us and sharing.
i feel so sorry for the loss of your mom, my toughts are with you. this is truly heartbreaking.
it is extremely hard to stay positive when you are still suffering grief. but it will get better.
you are so strong by posting here.
don’t say goodbye, we would miss you, the love would miss you, your family and friends will miss you.
i would miss you. you are loved. you matter.
Here are for you some crisis resources you might get help from, or reach out to.

it is a hard time, life is hard more often that we like. a new start may sounds good, but i think there will be
people in your life missing you then too. reach out to your friends, your family. you are not alone in this.
be sure, here you are always welcomed, you can always reach out to us. the world is a better place
with you in it, you deserve happiness and joy, love and beauty in your life. you not seeing it right now, but
there is beauty and blooming out there, for you.
Feel hugged, here is always a shoulder for you to lean on, you have taken the first step, do one after
another, and all will come to place. one step at a time.
Lovely toughts are going your way my Friend.

3 Likes

Creditors may try to convince you otherwise, but debt cannot be passed on to descendants. If you have cosigned for loans, or allowed her to charge up your credit cards, that’s a different story. If it’s the money that’s causing you so much anxiety, it might be easier to go bankrupt, then start over. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. Thousands do it every year. My ex bankrupted me twice. Some creditors want the client to go bankrupt because the loans are underwritten by a third party. Another option is to decide on the size of payments you can afford, then tell the creditor they can choose to accept that amount, or you will go bankrupt. Frankly, I think it’s easier to just go bankrupt, and get it over with. It usually costs a few hundred dollars to do so.

Thank you for asking! If you are still seeking answers, that suggests that you would be open to an alternative to suicide.

It would be easier to start a new life in a country you are familiar with. If you do wipe the financial slate clean, it will go a long way towards reducing stress.

Please stick around here, and let us know how you’re doing. Check out those crisis lines Aardvark posted above. Before you decide anything, take the time to seek help and explore options. I’ve experienced the entire package of depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideations. That was 30 years ago. Now, I appreciate being here.

Welcome to Heart Support! You are among understanding friends here.

1 Like

Jenny, I cant pretend to know your pain. I am truly sorry you are experiencing this.

Find a really nice local bank branch to walk into. I work at a financial institution and can tell you that although they may be few and far in-between, there is always a gem of a banker with a really big heart somewhere who is willing to sit down with you and talk to you about options. When I was a banker I know I have, and others will too Jenny. Asking for help is the hardest thing to do but you will be surprised when you turn start turning over rocks.

Wings is correct, debt typically cannot be passed down, depending on the situation. Even still there are many options including settling the amount for cents on the dollar or even bankruptcy. Share as much or as little as you would like in regards to it and I will be happy to look back on this thread.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Winnie the Pooh

2 Likes

It was a loan for her house they are take it so now I’m in $30k debt “only”. At the beggining I inherited $80k.
I live in Hungary. I want to move to Australia as a programmer I’ve friends there.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll go to my local bank in a few hours. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I don’t need crisis line. You guys already helped me to “sober” up. :slight_smile: I hope if I’m out of this I’ll be able to help others here.

4 Likes

Hey @Jenny94,

How are you feeling today? I just wanted to check in on you, and am looking forward to hear some updates regarding your food bank, and also how it goes for you. No pressure nor obligation to share of course. Know that we see you and we care. You’re not alone. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Sometimes thats all I need as well. Just something to clear the thoughts for a second. I even feel hungover afterwards, I am sure you feel that as well. I have been thinking about you today Jenny am very glad to read your post.

I do not know much about the finance laws and regulations in Hungary as I live in another country but if I may ask, is your name on the title of the home? Is your name on the mortgage or home equity loan for the 30k?

There will be many ups and downs friend. The part to remember is now, that there are moments in between sadness.

2 Likes

Hey Jenny, just checking up on you. How’re you going? How have the last couple of days been for you?

2 Likes