I wish I had some friends

I wish I had friends and people to hang out with.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re feeling a bit lonely at the moment. Have you been able to be able to engage with your online friends at all? I know loneliness can be such a horrible place, and I don’t wish that on you or anyone at all. Do you have people around you that you speak to regularly? Sometimes people around us are unaware of how we are feeling even when we think it’s obvious. It’s okay to reach out and tell someone if you’re feeling down or need company. You don’t have to bottle it all up and keep it to yourself. I hope you’re doing okay

Hey there, lonelyfreak! Haven’t seen you around lately. I hope things have been going okay besides wishing you had more friends to spend time with. :hrtlegolove:

In your last post you mentioned something happening with some online friends. Have you spent any time with them since then? The internet is definitely a great place to make some friends and I hope that you can find a way to spend time with the friends you have on there or reach out to them again.

Do you have anyone you interact with regularly in life that you may be able to form a connection or bond with? I like making friends at work, personally. Even if we do not hang out outside of work we still have fun while making money and it brightens my day. I did that some in school as well with classmates.

I hope you can find some people to talk to and spend some of your day with. You deserve to have people in your life who you care about and who care about you. Keep being you, friend :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

I’m starting to think the people I talked to online don’t really care about me.

2 Likes

No as I said to the other individual I don’t think any of the people I talk with online really care about me, and I don’t have a job so I don’t talk to people much. Though even when I did I’m always to weird or awkward to make friends with people.

Has something happened to make you feel that way or do you think your thoughts are being a bit intrusive on the matter?

I’ve felt like this for as long as I can remember.

Hey there!

I was here not too long ago myself! I’d moved to a new place, and literally knew no friends, family, or coworkers in the area. The closest friend/family I had was 2000 miles away!

If you’re near a big city, what worked super well for me was the Meetup app. I now have a pretty solid group of friends after using it for a few months, but it definitely can be hit or miss depending on where you’re at.

Beyond that, I’d recommend just following your interests, and joining communities around them. It’s much easier to make friends when you’re all there for the same reason!

Do you like sports? Join some local teams, or an online community centered around it! Like video games? Join a discord server for your favorite game, and just start chatting to people about it! Since you’re already comfortable on those topics, you’ll be right at home and already able to chat with people about it! I think this could apply to any hobby really, those are just the two I’ve seen recently.

Keep searching out for people, and keep putting yourself out there. It’s tough, it can be uncomfortable, but if you’re curious, and keep looking, I’m certain you’ll find some really cool people that you’ll mesh with!

Best wishes,
Kiwi

I don’t think so 9 times out of 10 I’m just the weirdo. I don’t like sports and most games I like no one else really cares about them.

I don’t think “weirdos” really exist personally. Everyone is a weirdo to someone who doesn’t understand them!

What games do you like? One of my favorite genres is strategy, and I found a good number of friends through it, even though it’s a less popular genre! There are always other people who play those same games!

Any other hobbies or things you like to do to chill?

I like jrpgs and as for other hobbies I like to draw and write.

What about finding some communities around your favorite jrpg?

I’m certain there are communities around drawing and writing as well. I took some drawing classes and met a few people through that! Could also join some online drawing communities and chat with people there. With a shared interest like that you might find some friends!

At least, that’s sort of the process I’d take if I needed to meet some new people. Because you all have something in common, it’ll be much easier to get to know them. You can all relate to jrpgs, or drawing, or writing, which means that when conversations go quiet, you’ll have something to rely upon.

Idk I just always doubt myself and I only ever see the worst parts of myself.

It’s a trap we all fall into at the worst of times.

It doesn’t mean you’re a bad person, and it certainly doesn’t mean you’ll never find friends. Keep looking and keep trying! You’ll find them out there!

Thank you for talking with me.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.