I wonder if I'll ever meet my fiancé

I met an amazing women she’s from Norway. She is the sweetest, kindest, loving and caring woman I ever met. I had been single for 6 years ever since my ex gf left me it messed me up for many years and top of that a former female friend tried to ruin my life by trying to put me in jail on false accusations I did something to her just because I wouldn’t with sleep with her. Now that I found someone I connect now I can’t see her due to COVID-19. We talk everyday and we have a good strong relationship but Idk if I will ever meet her because COVID-19 is out of control. It saddens me.

3 Likes

Hey @ranma1983,

My partner and I have been together for almost 10 years now and our first 3 years were a long-distance relationship, as we were both living in different countries. It was really hard sometimes to be in this situation. We would meet each other 2 to 3 times a year but not more, because we were both students and traveling was too expensive. Even though we talked with each other almost daily, it was really hard sometimes to envision a future for us But now we’re still together, been through our share of difficulties of course, but we keep moving on together.

You just want to be with the person you love and spend time with them, not having to wait for the next time you’ll eventually have the opportunity to meet each other. I can’t imagine how it is with the uncertainty that covid brings as well. We’re living in a time when it’s hard to make plans for the future. Your sadness makes sense, Ranma. But your situation is not hopeless. It is, unfortunately, a matter of time, perseverance and patience. I know it will sound a little cheesy, but the love that you have for each other can break down mountains.

I hope this year will be a year of healing for many of us, of restoration for the hardships that developed in 2020. And I hope that, with the vaccines that are now giving us some light through all of this darkness, this year will be a time for you to meet your partner as well. Last year we couldn’t guess what would happen. It was beyond our imagination. We can’t really guess how this year is going to be either, but there will be new opportunities for sure. Keep hope in your heart, friend.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.