Idk what to do with my life

I’m 26 years old. When I was 23, I lost my mom to cancer. About a year later, I lost my home and became homeless. I was in college to be a nurse when my mom got sick. I really want to go back because I’m passionate about doing something to make a difference but I feel like I can’t because of my circumstances. In addition to being homeless, I have very little support from family, some have even been abusive and have contributed to me having trauma symptoms.
It’s really sad because the university I was at seemed to have a great environment where people could network and find support and I need that. I work full time now and I cannot find supportive people who seem to care about me.

4 Likes

Hi Bobohobo,
i am sorry to hear all of that. losing someone is always hard, and when everything is breaking down
its hard to go on. but you did, and be proud of that, i am.
See where you at right now, you work full time so one tings leads to another. Take small steps.
we are here and we care about you, keep that in mind. You are always welcome.

Maybe there is a institution in your area who helps ?
maybe a self help group where you find people who share and care about each other ?
Thank you so much for posting, you deserve everything good and you are worth it.
Have a nice day my friend and feel hugged,
Greetings

that is such a hard and stressful time in your life. I can’t imagine the impact of all that coming down on you.

I must say I’m so proud of you. You’re working so hard to keep yourself afloat. You may not think you’re doing an amazing job, but you certainly are. I do hope that you have an opportunity to get back to studying and to be in that environment again.
I’m sorry I don’t have any sage advice for you, but I do want to keep encouraging you because you have made it so far already

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.