#idontevenknowhowtofeelanymore

I don’t know what to say but I wrote lyrics that say how I am feeling rn:

Does that make me numb or just misunderstood?

Even I myself do not know

Sometimes the only warmth I feel is that of my tears.

I don’t want to be alive, but I really don’t want to die.

Who am I? Who can I be anymore, and where do I belong? If not here, then where?

Distressed, without comfort of my own. Nomadic, wandering within my soul.

Weathered, worn away as olden stone.

Hopeless, never knowing of my goal.

I don’t know how I want to feel, but I know it isn’t this.

I wish I were the person that everyone would miss.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this creation of yours, @coffeetalk. It conveys so very beautifully the conflicting emotions that being “in the middle” creates. Where it feels like we exist, but there is still this spark missing to make us feel alive, whole, like we belong. I often wander without wanting it in this place of confusion and heaviness. Even though we may feel deeply alone, there is love and connection to find in these emotional spaces. I see you, friend. I hear you and want you to know that you are not left alone. There will be a time when this heaviness will fade away and be replaced by real, personal meaning of what this life has to offer you. “Not all those who wander are lost”, as Tolkien wrote. Until you find your way, rest assured that you have friends sitting next to you, who care about you. This world is better with you in it, even if you have yet to see it by your own eyes.

Sending love and comforting energy today. Take it easy today. Be kind and patient to yourself. You are not meant to only find comfort in the tears. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey friend, I think a lot of people would be able to relate to this. In fact there are A LOT of people out there that feel this way. I do too from time to time. What I find interesting about this is that a lot of people who I’ve talked to who seem to have found a purpose and are those people that other’s admire are the ones that just follow life as it unfolds. They just start doing something / become a part of something, end up being good at it, liking it, realizing they make an impact and they just stick with it. I had to find this the hard way as I once felt completely lost in life…I turned to the things that I personally enjoyed and like doing and tried to find ways to become part of it. Holdfast my friend!

1 Like

Hi Friend, Thank you very much for posting I really enjoy the format of your post. I can speak first hand for not knowing my purpose in life growing up but after trial and error I found what my purpose was and with that came friends and family supporting me. My suggestion is to go explore different interests and eventually you will find what you

1 Like

are good at and in the big picture will lead to you’re goal in life and happiniess don’t give up and keep searching!

1 Like

I really liked what you wrote. Simply bc I feel the same.

1 Like

I appreciate the positive replies and encouragement. What I wrote can be interpreted differently and although I may not have expressed what I was feeling in a way that everyone understood, I think it’s very cool that you all felt something and found something you could hold onto or relate to with my lyrics. I’m really struggling with my meds and finding one that works for me, but I am too stubborn to give up and too determined to give in. Thank you all for caring enough to read my post.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.