Im a failure and a let down

These pasts months or even years I’ve been feelings like everything I do is just a big let down and I’ve failed my own family being part of the lgbt* community as they don’t really support and make fun of it, in school every thing I do makes things worst and I can’t do anything right for everyone, I’ve tried to commit so many times but I’ve failed but I have scars painful scars and I don’t know what to do anymore, my only option is to end it all

4 Likes

I’m very sorry that you don’t have support from your family. You deserve love and support and no judgment or mocking, no matter what community you are part of or what your self identity looks like.

It can feel/seem impossible to love and believe in yourself when the people who are supposed to be your greatest support are dismissive and mocking.

I wish I knew how to help. All I can say is that nobody deserves to feel hopeless. You certainly don’t!

3 Likes

There are other options besides ending it all.

There are communities that would welcome you with open arms. It is really hard for LBGT people who live in communities dominated by ignorance. Keep remembering, you won’t have to be there forever.

You are not a failure for being who you are. You’re not a failure for not fitting in within your local culture. There will be a time when your scars and suffering will pay off in empathy and compassion. You will be able to help others navigate the emotional challenges.

You haven’t failed anyone. They have failed you by their unreasonable expectations. They probably don’t know any better.

There are people here that can understand you. There are also online communities you can interact with, that may help you feel less alone and more aware of your incredible value as a person.

Stay in touch.

3 Likes

Hi Bork!

I’m so glad you found us here. This is a safe space for all persons, and we have a lot of persons who can understand your situations, and are proof that things can get better, that they don’t have to always be this way. I want you to know that you are loved and valued for who you are, just was you. I know that people are not understanding or accepting right now, but they represent just a handful of folks! Keep strong friend, it is difficult now, but don’t give up. The future can be better, can be different, when you’re able to decide where you want to live, who you want to be friends with and associate with.

There’s so much to experience and explore in life. There’s so much about yourself to learn, and the way you will thrive and grow when you’re in a more embracing environment.

Don’t give up now. Hold on to the knowledge that this “now” is not your forever.

3 Likes

Hello, BORK, and welcome to the HeartSupport community! You are in good company here. Thank you for being here and sharing with us! I’d first like to say that that is most certainly not your only option and I think you know that because you came here to share with us and I am so glad that you did :hrtlegolove:

I’m so sorry that you do not get the support from your family that you deserve and that they make fun of the person you are. You are among friends and allies here and you are completely free to be your true self whatever and whoever you are. I’m a fellow LGBTQIA+ member and I know how scary it can be to see yourself as “other” and struggle with accepting yourself especially when you do not have others around you who can accept the amazing person you are regardless of whether you are like them or not.

You are a strong person. You deserve love and understanding and you deserve to be here. Please keep fighting and keep being the awesome person you are. And please feel free to share more about yourself here if you’d like and to continue posting. We will always be happy to hear from you. Hope to hear from you soon, new friend :hrtlegolove: :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.