Im alone and i hate myself

Um i came on here for help for advice. But even to get stuff off my chest for people to read as well but not for attention but i need advice.

Just at a weird cross paths in life. Im nuts for saying this but living is such a burden. But when i say that it doesnt mean i would do anything stupid. But it really feels pointless. But ive been through a lot in life it has never really gotten better its always been an uphill battle on like Mount Everest or something.

I have no idea what to do with myself. No future nothing Just stuck in a limbo too on top of it. Work home sleep thats it.

There has to be something more than this life.

8 Likes

There is. Please hang with us until you find out what that “something” is. It’d be hard to advise you about what you might find fulfilling, because we don’t know what your interests and aptitudes are. Besides that, you may still be in the process of discovering those things about yourself. I do get the impression that you need someone to talk to. I also suspect you might be depressed, as indicated by your comment, “it really feels pointless.”

Purpose and meaning is a choice, and sometimes the purpose is to find or decide what you want as a purpose. Getting interested in something may take some trial and error. If you’re stuck in a routine of “work, home, sleep,” being depressed is understandable. If we’re stuck doing the same thing day in and day out, the mind wants to withdraw, hence the depression. A lot of us have to do the same boring stuff every day to make a living, but it might be worthwhile to vary your non-working routine. See a movie. Go to a museum, take a hike, learn to meditate, or do something else. Activities that stimulate the mind, are the first step toward that “something more” in life.

Stay in touch, Wings

4 Likes

Hi GoldenNuggs my friend,
thank you again for reaching out to us.
Wings is absolutely right, with everything he said. Try to talk to someone, let this all out maybe a
therapist or a close friend to yours. It helps, it also helps to post here. We will be here.

I can relate a lot, in my time i had much only my work, nothing more. Life is progress, life is going
forward finding new things, try and learn.
Since i am struggling a lot this year and been overwhelmd with my life is found so much joy in things
i most overlooked before. So little things in life can make a huge impact.
Found a new “friend” in a fox, who i see every day on my way to work and i caught myself smiling.
Sounds silly, but i enjoy it. Life can be so beautiful, if you want it to be beautiful.
Life is blooming.
If you need someone or something, say it, we are here for you. everytime. we care for you.
Thank you so much, give life a try. Feel hugged my friend
Greetings

5 Likes

Hello there,

There are moments when life can be a burden, but I believe that it doesn’t have to continue to be that way. It just takes us grasping onto the opportunities to change things up. Find a new hobby. Find a club or group to join in a subject that interests you. Take time to learn new things about you. That’s easier said than done, but it can be done. I believe in you and know that you have the strength to take that first step. You got this!

You are strong. You are valid. You are enough. You are wonderful. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

I am so sorry you are stuck in this rut. Sometimes the monotony of every day life, doing the same thing over and over, just wears on us and it feels like there’s nothing else out there other than what’s going on in our own little bubble.

As someone who has been there before, my best advice would be to challenge yourself to do something different. Find a hobby that may interest you, go out for a bit (even just a walk around the block or something), reach out to others to maybe get together with an old friend or something, find things to listen to or read. If it comes down to it, maybe even talk to someone about how you are feeling like a doctor or therapist to gain more insight. It’s hard to break out of the rut once it becomes our “normal” but it’s so worth it.

I hope that helped a little. I know how rough being “stuck” can be. We’ve got to try to make the changes we want to see, even if it’s little tiny changes here and there. They add up to big changes and pretty soon things won’t feel so monotonous anymore.

3 Likes

you’re not alone feeling like things are burdensome and that life is just sort of drifting with no real point. I guess for me it took some time to realise and accept it was because I was scared of change. When everything overwhelmed I shut down and felt pointless. This is not about me, sorry, but sometimes a change has to be pushed a little. It can be scary and maybe painful. It can also be very releasing and inspiring.

3 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you so much for your post, Firstly can I say that you are most definately not nuts for saying anything, we say a lot of things around here so dont worry about that, you fit in just fine. I am sorry if your life has been a stuggle, its not fair that anyone has to go through a lot and yes indeed it can feel like wading through mud at times just trying to get through the day but my friend if you want changes and it sounds like you do, you are the only person who can make them, now then, you indeed can get help and I encourage you do get that but if you could just change one thing a day to start with, do one positive thing a day! it would be a start just something that would start work on your mindset. Journaling is a good one. have a look on youtube about ways to journal for positive thinking. I hope you can indeed move forward because you deserve a much brighter future. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers. x

1 Like

Hi Friend, I’m sorry you’re feeling so alone and that life is a burden. Someone once told me, you can’t open new doors with old keys. There is more to life, but you are the one who has to make things happen. You could add something new to your day or take up a new hobby. You could do things on your days off that include friends or different activities. Just little changes will make a difference. ~Mystrose

2 Likes

Hello GoldenNugget, I feel a lot of what you described here. You’re not alone. I also want to mention that it’s not bad to want attention, we all needed and still need attention. I know how you feel and there’s nothing that I’m going to say here that’s going to fix your life, I just want to be present with you in the struggle and pain. Take care and I’m here if you need to talk.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.