I'm always the last option

No one ever gives a shit about me unless I’m convenient to them.
I’ve been very close to 2 people for the last year, but recently those 2 people never actually reach out or talk to me unless the other person isn’t around. My entire life I feel like I’ve always been the one guy who no one cares about unless they have no one else to talk to. I’ve been so depressed these last 2 weeks and I literally can’t find a way out. Normally I just try to wait for the depression to pass but this time it’s different. It doesn’t seem like it’s gonna pass. I don’t feel like I’m gonna make it out and I’ve seriously considered suicide. I’ve pictured just leaving my car on in my garage and never waking up. I hate that no one cares about me. I had a falling out with one of my closest friends and ever since then I feel like I’ll just never be a good friend to anyone, so what’s the point of living. The darkness just gets thicker and thicker and I can’t see a way out

1 Like

This is a very relatable post. I’ve felt like this too. If you stick around the people you want to be friends with, they might start to like you more, the longer you stay the more people will understand that you’re actually a nice person and worth making friends with. The process isn’t that quick though, but don’t give! I believe in you!

1 Like

The thing is I’ve been friends with the one person for over 7 years. We talked off and on, but there’s always someone who he just seems to like more. No matter how long I’m friends with someone I just don’t ever seem to matter

Maybe you should find someone else to make friends with. Stick around him/her. If the same thing happens, keep moving on.

1 Like

I know you don’t know me and its vice versa, but you were my first option today on this forum, I found this comment and decided I had to answer this! All we can do is be the best person we can be with our friends. If they can not see your great persona, then it is their loss. But trust if you are good to them, many of them will try to come back into your life! I know one thing for sure is that everyone will fail you at one point. Sadly, this is human nature we are not perfect, we tend to always change, and we base things and circumstances upon our feelings. I am saying all this to tell you, that who your friends put first does not change the importance of you :). Even though it hurts, I am not denying that, but we just have to remember not to leave validation in man’s hands, or we will be constantly hurting. I know there are friends out there that will treat you the way you want to be treated. Sometimes cutting back or limiting time with the people who are not what we need can show us what is really out there for us. Also, if you are being friendly to people, then you surely can be a friend to them. I know this might not seem true to you right now but trust me this depression will pass, hold on to hope even if it seems dim, hope is there! Also, if these feelings are not passing you can always talk with counselors, or with a family member, anyone you can trust. Also, as you did now coming onto this forum where we love to spread words of courage :).

I hope you are feeling better today. God bless and Jesus loves you, and just in case you did not already know I want to tell you that you can always talk to Jesus no matter who you are and what you have done or been through. He is always standing by your side with open arms. He is the greatest friend you can ever have. John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that he sent his one and only son that whoever shall believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life"

I hung onto a fifth-wheel friendship for years because I didn’t feel like I had anyone else. My main friend didn’t want to hang out unless he asked, and didn’t want to do anything unless it was his idea. He did it to the whole group of friends that he tied me to, and none of them liked it much either, but they were only my friends by proxy and really didn’t care whether or not I was there.

I finally got tired of being the tag-along friend and quit reaching out to him. I figured if he was a real friend, if he cared, he’d reach out to check in on me or ask me to go hang out. He never did, so that was my answer. But it wasn’t all bad. Cutting yourself away from bad friends is freeing. It may be lonely for awhile, but you get to be an individual again instead of just doing whatever you can to be liked and accepted. It also opens you up to the possibility of new friendships that you can form on mutual terms. I’ve made a lot of friends since I cut that guy out of my life. I don’t hang out with any single one of them as much as I did with him, but altogether I do more friend stuff than I did before, and they also take into account what I feel like doing. That wouldn’t have been possible if I’d still been following that guy around like a puppy trying to win his approval.