I'm concerned about my friend

My friend has depression, but I’m worried that he’s actually gonna kill himself. He’s the only friend I have. He talks about himself dying a lot and it gets me worried. He’s attempted suicide before, I don’t want him to do it again. I don’t know how I can help him and I don’t know if he will ever be happy again.

Hey @yourtherapist! Is your friend seeing a counselor and/or taking medication? This cocktail of a treatment is a really good step in the right direction. In the meantime, keep injecting words of life and affirmation into him; positive statements are really powerful. Please keep us updated!

1 Like

He isn’t taking meds and he doesn’t talk to counselors because know one believes he has depression except for me.

They are there to help him. They will believe him. You can encourage him… Maybe see if he will come to the support wall and write anonymously? No one will know it’s him.

If you are concerned he is really going to kill himself, contact the police and get a welfare check to his house. Other than that, all you can do is keep talking to him, and keep letting him know he’s not alone. HeartSupport has a workbook on depression called Dwarf Planet. You can find it on amazon if you just search for HeartSupport.

Maybe you guys could work through it together.

Hold Fast

Kayla

1 Like

I was having issues finding the book on amazon, so I’m guessing you were too, so here’s the link!

1 Like