I'm creating a short film!

Hello HeartSupport!

It’s been a little while since I have posted. But I am more than enthused to be back in school and working on a project. A big project! This is the semester I get to work on my thesis film. A 10-15 minute short film about whatever we want to make. This project is going to be my biggest undertaking to date, and I have a lot of ideas and planning to go into it. Right now is the Pre-Production phase. That means writing the screenplay, getting actors, scouting locations, getting the proper releases, gathering crew, storyboarding, creating shot lists, acquiring equipment, creating a budget plan, and having a plan to shoot.

To me, this is going to be the most crucial phase of the project and I need to buckle down and collaborate with some other people to get all of this done. On top of that, I have to work on weekends and do two motion graphic assignments in adobe after effects. There is going to be a lot on my plate in the next 2 to 3 months. So stress is going to bubble up, but as long as I keep myself on track, I should be able to keep it at bay. I need to keep myself in check and not go crazy.

I also need to ask something for anyone who is interested, I finished the first draft of my screenplay. And I need as much feedback as possible.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LWurOTwNlN5h-DTQt4AsLTnP8ziw_G6nhUctf5Jr5hU/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to give critique or leave comments, please do so. I would much appreciate it.

• Aidan
3 Likes

Dude, this is so sick! So glad to see that you are initiating your project!

Some of our Staff members actually own a video production company and might be of a good advice/feedback regarding the steps to take for your pre-production phase. Their company also provides a bunch of trainings and video editing presets. Just a thought - shoot me a DM if you’d like more information.

In any case, take it easy too. You can’t do the work you want if you burn yourself out. Your health is still and always a priority. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This is so exciting, Aidan! I don’t have any expertise to give feedback, but I wanted to wish you a good pre-production phase and that things go well. Hope there will be some moments to enjoy it!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.