I'm doing well in my organization

I’ve have come a long way when I first started my civil rights organization for Hispanic People two years ago. I’ve been successful in being part of meetings, conferences, speaking with mayors, politicians and from different communities. My mother fears my success and fears I will create enemies because I’m becoming more well known and I’m getting more exposure. I’m not political and neither is my organization. All I’m doing is helping people in the Hispanic community who are neglected.

3 Likes

Hey @ranma1983,

This progress is really amazing. Thank you for sharing some updates about this project that you care about dearly. I imagine that it must be very fulfilling to follow up on making possible something that creates purpose to you and has a positive impact on people’s life. It’s really cool to see how you’ve progressively diversified your activities as well.

Speaking from personal experiences, I’m aware of how difficult it can be to exist, fight for real acknowledgment and maintain a stability once you’re working in a nonprofit. There’s this paradox of being essential yet at the same time having very little recognition and help among politics and public organizations. It’s so prone to create burnout among workers.

So, well done for actively working on creating and maintaining a stable network there. May you have the possibility to meet people who share the same values and motivation as you, and for support/collaboration opportunities to be more and more present in this journey.

Hold Fast. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Hello again, ranma1983! It’s so amazing that you created this organisation to help Hispanic people. You are making wonderful differences in the world. If you have people behind you who support you then I don’t think you have to fear making enemies let alone ones that would be a real threat. Strength in numbers, friend. Keep up the work and keep being awesome :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi ranma1983 It sounds like you are trying to make good changes in your community, I think that is awesome. I hope the enemies that your mother thinks you will create will not be ones that can physically harm you. If so, I hope that the people working with you will help you out. Moms care about their children so I can understand her fears if there really is danger involved. Be careful! ~Mystrose

2 Likes

hi ranma!
thank you for sharing how things are going with your pals on the HS forum. first off, i want you to know how proud i am of you for all you’re doing in your civil rights organization. thank you for supporting the Hispanic community and being an advocate for the neglected. from what you described here on all that you do for the organization, the responsibilities you have deserve positive exposure because you’re creating an incredible impact! if anyone does anything wrong towards you like your sweet mother is concerned about, i hope others in your organization can support you whether it’s backing you up, protecting you, etc… you’re making a difference in so many lives and i know that there are people there to help you in return.

keep up the good fight, my friend, i am so thankful to be in the same heartsupport community as someone as brave, courageous, and caring as you.

love,
twix

2 Likes

Hey Friend, Its sounds to me that you are doing a fabulous job for the Hispanic community and I think you should be very proud of yourself. I think whenever you choose to do a job that has any thing to do with fighting for the rights of any group or community there are chances that you are going to come up against others that dont agree or are going to want to fight you in some way but thats par for the course but you know what you are doing and you are doing a great job and its your choice what you do so if you are happy keep doing what you are doing. Much Love Lisa . x

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.