I'm feeling low because of circumstances

I’m probably going to end up homeless. I have 6 to max of 8 weeks to find a job and get a place on my own. I’ve tried ive been trying to land a job but nothing would take me out where I live. However there’s only hopes in the one job I applied I had an interview too. But it’s been since Friday since I heard anything but another job that is full time opened up but it’s full time it’s not part time man I really need this job it’s sounds good to make a lot of money sure but I need my needs met im starting to go without food. Like I’m at wits end and not really sure what to so at this time.

I went to so many interviews since the middle of December it’s been 3 months… and am stuck at a part time job making and average between 150 to 200 weekly… that’s not enough to support my needs

Like at this point I’m desperate even for prayer God etc I got nothing. I tried my best and Ultimately I failed…

7 Likes

Failure occurs only when you quit trying. I don’t know what kind of circumstances or opportunities you’re dealing with, but perhaps you can open yourself up to a greater range of work possibilities. A friend recently was laid off from a decent paying job, but he had no savings. He went from working at UPS to the Olive Garden, which pays mostly tips. He gets around $100.00 on some days, other days he gets more. If there’s a state employment office, try them. Sometimes crappy jobs improve if you stick with them. I worked a horrible and dangerous job as security at a steel mill, but eventually got to making friends and enjoying it.

Looking for work is a full time job. The more ground you cover, the better your chances of finding something.

Turn away from despair, at least while you’re actively looking or interviewing. If you’re feeling despair, it shows in body language and “micro-expressions.” Therefore, you have to know that there’s a very real possibility that those you’re talking to will hire you. Remaining hopeful and upbeat takes effort, but others will see it, and it’s worth it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what the circumstances are, but you shouldn’t give up! Always be on the look out for jobs, even small jobs like just mowing people’s lawns, dog walking anything to get you some more money for you needs to be met! Success comes from trying again after you fail, you keep trying, and you’ll be successful!

3 Likes

Circumstances if I cant get a good full time job I have 6 the max of 8 weeks left to find a job or im living on the streets. When a job comes then I can pay for a place of my own. And then I can have food to eat and water to drink than just a roof over my head and bills being paid.
I have not gotten very far in 3 months…

2 Likes

Okay, so I’m not sure where you are but in the US and I’m sure elsewhere there are low income programs to get things like groceries and essential utilities discounted. If it comes down to it, there are things like homeless shelters and food banks. Just please don’t give up.
My second suggestion would be to make sure to check back in with those places you interviewed with. It’s not showing desperation, it is showing persistence.
Remember, you are strong, you are worthy and you got this.
Please check back in if you need any more advice. Much love

2 Likes

Please keep trying and don’t give up. Follow up with that interview by giving them a call or stopping by to see if they have made a decision. If you do interview again be positive and confident even if you don’t feel it. In the meantime, look for a local food pantry in your area and see if you can get some food there. You haven’t failed until you give up. Don’t give up, you can do this and keep us posted.

2 Likes

It’s not a failure unless you stop trying. It can be very hard to find a job, but it’s possible and you can definitely do it. Unfortunately people don’t see others who are desperate for a job as a good choice to pick, so you have to try to stay positive in an interview but it’s overall good to be positive, even when you’re not being interviewed. Keep checking with who you got interviewed and just keep trying to find other jobs. I’m sure you can do it, you tried your best, and you will keep trying :hrtlegolove: Feel free to update us, we are here to support you

2 Likes

Hi Deadly Knowledge. Thank you for reaching out. The first I want to mention is probably have you checked back to any of the places you were intervied? Sometimes they actualy want you to check back to show that you are interested. Also showing more positivity during the interviews might help, even though you might not feel like it. I really hope things will better on your end. I wish you good luck :slightly_smiling_face: .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.