I'm not eating much

I’m still feeling so stressed/anxious. I ate breakfast today. That is all. I snacked on some tortilla chips while I worked on a job application tonight. But other than that I haven’t eaten all day, even though I’m so hungry. I figure, if I’m going to feel like crap anyways, why use what little energy I have to eat? I know it’s not good. But I just don’t care anymore. Just like I don’t care if I do ANYTHING fun. Cause none of it is enjoyable anyways. So what’s the point? I’m going to bed hungry. And I don’t even care. :pensive:

Hey NomadicWanderer,

I am sorry that you feel this way. But you are not doing yourself a favor. Eating is really important, and quite frankly one of the most enjoyable things in life. Don’t put yourself through a starving session for no reason in the world- problems will come and eventually go but you have to stay strong to overcome them. You cannot do that if you can’t eat- but I am sure you know that already.

I was once were you were- believed one meal per day was more more than enough. Until I ended in hospital under IV treatments almost clinging to my life. This is no joke. Please don’t do that to yourself.

If you want to talk, I am here.

All love,

Soda

2 Likes

@NomadicWanderer I’ve had issues with food for as long as I remember. I was told that when I was born I wouldn’t feed - at 7 I was in hospital for not eating and since 14 I’ve had issues too. Honestly - I’m not going to say you need to eat do it this way, because I still can’t do that even 7 years in from it resurfacing. I usually go 3-4 days without eating in a row, please don’t fall into that habit. I find that when I recognise I haven’t eaten but I don’t want anything I just have something I like to pick at. Some fruit maybe? It’s okay that you only had one meal but it’s about not letting yourself fall into a cycle. Just find something small you enjoy and have it to pick at. Usually when something is there we subconsciously pick at it and don’t realise till later

Hold fast
Kayla

Hey friend,

I can somewhat relate to what you have depicted to an extent. Whenever I go through periods of bad depression and self hate I usually either shove food in my face nonstop or eat basically nothing.

I also know that my mother doesn’t really eat a lot- but that’s just her, now that I think about it- I literally never see her eat lunch. I will say that our bodies are all different in how much we need to eat, but I know that this case is different.

I agree with what Kayla said above- to get something you like and just have it there to pick at.

I know how hard it can be to eat, but we believe in you. I hope that soon things get better. We love you.

hold fast.

With love,
Lyss(ur old pal Blurryface)

1 Like

Hey @NomadicWanderer,

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way… It sounds like you’re super anxious, and lack of appetite always goes hand-in-hand with anxiety. Make sure to eat healthy (and/or something packed with nutrients like a vitamin shake) if you’re able to stomach anything down; this way, at least you’re giving your body what it needs. Your anxiety will soon fade, but until then, hold fast. We believe in you!

-Eric