I'm sick of life

Why can’t I face up to problems in my life. All I.do is run and hide when things get rough and difficult. I’m embarrassed to look.myself in the mirror and just cant take it anymore. Financial troubles are top of.my.list butvtheyrr only the tip…though that’s more than enough…

3 Likes

Hey @bigjocky, I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling with this, but man do I feel it. Seriously, I know what that’s like. I know what it’s like to feel like you know what your biggest challenges are, yet not being able to confront them for whatever reason. Then when you don’t, they continue piling up in your mind and feels like a nagging feeling you can never shake. I get it man.

I just want to tell you that you aren’t alone in this. There is an entire community here who know what it is you’re going through, maybe some even know how to confront these things in a more healthy manner. One thing that I do want to offer you is to ask you to not be so hard on yourself as you learn to deal with challenges in your life, you can either be your best friend or your worst enemy when it comes to these types of situations. Practice giving yourself some grace, remind yourself “hey, I don’t quite have this figured out, but that’s okay. I’m only human.” I think having that frame of mind and looking at things in that different way is more powerful than a lot of people realize.

I think it’s important to do what you can to surround yourself with community when facing challenges in life, whether it be friends, family, HeartSupport… to have that assurance that “I might actually fail, but that’s okay because there are still people who care about me.”

I also think it’s important in preparing to face challenges in life by having a disciplined routine of self-care, to take care of your basic needs as well as finding whatever restores you and makes you feel full of life, like hobbies or quality time with loved ones. It’s like training for a competition, athletes prepare both their bodies and their minds before competing in a big event to ensure they can give their best effort possible whenever the challenges arise.

Hope this helps, I believe in you friend. DM’s always open.

Hold fast.

2 Likes