I'm still worried about moving, but there's been a few good things so far

I’ve been working on cleaning out my room and closet for moving, and it’s going meh. I’m trying to do things slowly. I went through my dresser and most of the drawers under my bed, and I’ve slowly been doing my closet today. I have almost 2 full bags of clothes to give away, and almost a full one to sell.

I think I have cut out about half of my closet? I am getting rid of more than I originally anticipated. I’m only following a few simple “rules” I found on the internet on what to get rid of:

1. it doesn’t fit
  2. there are rips, unfixable stains, or the fabric has lost shape (like sweatstains and holes)
  3. I haven’t worn it (it said in 2 years, so)
  4. I am not confident in it
  5. similarly, it’s not my style (or… whatever style I am trying to “find”)
  6. I wouldn’t buy it now

it’s surprising, actually. I will have to go through things once more to check if they still fit (namely dresses and other dress clothes). I just turned on some music and have just gone through it.

I also took apart my fish(less) tank today. It’s kind of sad, but it is what it is :disappointed:

3 Likes

Dear Sakura,

The process of moving to a new place can be exhausting, not only because it’s a lot of things to plan and organize, but also because it’s a transition that will allow a new beginning in your life. As for any beginning, we also leave behind us what we don’t need anymore, what belongs to another part of our own story, both physically and emotionally.

It sounds that you’re approaching this in both a very logical and compassionate way. Take it easy. As you’re doing: step by step. Clearing out belongings can be a little more draining than what we expected sometimes, and that’s okay. Don’t forget to take some breaks, eventually even to say goodbye to the things you’re not taking with you but have been very meaningful to you. It’s a way to thank these objects for what they allowed you to do, also for the good memories you had the possibility to create.

I wish you well during this process. May this be a smooth transition for you. The beginning for some peace that needs to be found, also a new excitement for the places you’re about to discover and learn to be familiar with. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.