I'm struggling with depression

I’m struggling with depression even with prayer and meditation to get out of bed and to function. I barely eat. I dont know why I’m so depressed. I have my own home. I have a soulmate. I have family. I have a support worker and I’m on medication and have a psychiatrist. The depression is worse when I don’t do prayer and meditation. Maybe it’s not taking medication for immune disorder why I’m feeling so depressed and I need to take it.

1 Like

Hey Tristan,

It can be so hard to be in a place where you feel you’re doing all of the right things and still feeling horrible. Especially when you feel like the things you’re doing are specifically supposed to solve those feelings. It can be really tough when you feel like you’re out of options, so you feel like there’s no hope that you could get better.

I have felt similarly in my own life too. You’re definitely not alone.

One of the things that I really like about our book, Dwarf Planet, is that it helps you first identify what’s causing your depression. Because like you said, I think that NOT knowing is actually one of the hardest parts about depression. When you don’t understand it, it feels like it grows stronger and grips harder. But when you /do/ understand it, I think that you feel more empowered, like you have at least a map or a compass in the direction of where you might could go.

I’d recommend taking time to really try to excavate what’s going on, where it came from, the first times you started to feel this way, and what might have caused it then. Understanding is something that can offer a lot of freedom.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

there isn’t always a reason for depression it can just come up when you living your best life. But don’t blame yourself or anything. It’s good to hear things are going good and that you are able to talk to some one. But whatever happens don’t be mad at your self and try to figure out why your depressed cuz it will drive you crazy but try to take you mind off of it talk to your soulmate or whatever you need to do to take your mind off things. We wanna see you get better and were here if you wanna go into detail or talk :slight_smile: