I'm stuck in life

I’m stuck in life. I’ve been at the same stupid job for 8 years. It’s part time at a store and it doesn’t pay much over minimum wage. I’m 27 and still living with my parents. I wish I could get a full time job that pays well so that I could make enough money to do things that I want in my life and be independent. I have looked for another job before and have interviews at other places, but no such luck. I even have my bachelor’s degree, but still can’t get out of this situation. I feel like I’m going to be stuck in this situation forever, stuck at this same stupid job and never being able to move out of my parents’ house. I don’t think I could ever take on a management position at the store because I don’t deal with stress well. I also have been single for a long time and am nervous that I won’t be able to ever find a decent guy to have a family with before I’m too old to have kids, but that’s another problem. I’d like to find a well paying job first and then I can think about finding a guy more. 8 years and counting at the same store. If this isn’t stuck in life then what is?

2 Likes

I can imagine it being hard to find a full time job, especially now. You may feel stuck now, but that’s great you have a degree! Is it in a field that you find interest in? Don’t give up, keep trying! I bet many doors will open for you once you find a job that you like.

I think your gonna need to put yourself out there and look for and apply for full time jobs, It doesn’t need to be your dream job, Just a job you can see yourself getting through the week easy enough. With a full time job and living at home with your parents you going to have plenty of time to save and in regards to a relationship you never know who you’ll meet along the way in your new job :)))))