I'm tired of being abused

Just getting really tired of being the only one working paying for all the lyfts, and doing everything while my gf doesn’t work for a whole year and then can’t even take care of our own child and then hits me and abuses me all the time when I don’t do anything for her. I don’t know what to do anymore. Social services is already involved with our child because she got violent with our child one night and she has been a little better but her losing patience with her is still there.

3 Likes

Hey @Landennsykes. I’m sorry you are going through this. To be honest, I’m glad social services is involved because no child ever deserves to be abused, not in any way and not for any reason. Sometimes having a third party involved is the best thing for the situation.

I’m sorry that your girlfriend abuses you. You don’t deserve that and you definitely should not put up with it. Is your girlfriend disabled? Or is she not working so she can take care of your baby? You don’t have to answer that here. If the answer is the former, I don’t care if she’s disabled. It’s no excuse to abuse someone. I know that it can be frustrating to be disabled, especially in this world where it seems as if no one really cares. It’s easy to become bitter about your circumstances, but that doesn’t mean it’s ok to take it out on others. She might do well to see a therapist. If the answer is the latter, it sounds as if you’d do better on your own, with your child. No matter how much you love someone, it’s not ok for them to be abusive towards you and staying with them in that case shouldn’t be an option. If you aren’t afraid to talk to your girlfriend about it, say hey, this isn’t ok, we need to figure this out. She should still see a therapist to help get the tools needed in this case. If you are afraid to talk to her, then it’s time to get out. If you’re afraid of someone in any way, it’s not ok. Maybe you could talk to the social worker who visits you for your baby. Ask their opinion and ask if they have any resources that you can use, just in case it comes to that.

I hope something I said has helped in someway. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

~Daisy :hearts:

1 Like

Yikes. That’s really hard. It’s probably a good thing that social services is involved if this is going on. Eventually she will lose rights to her children if she isn’t careful.

As a child that grew up in an abusive house hold and as a person who lived in an abusive relationship, I understand how stressful it is. I’m so sorry my friend.

It’s really important that if she isn’t willing to change how she’s being that you stand ground for yourself. You do not have to stay in this relationship if it’s abusive without hope for change. Nobody should have to live through that. Adult or child. Maybe talk to social services or even a therapist about what you can do to help the situation. Even an lawyer if it gets too bad. Restraining orders aren’t completely out of the question if things keep going.

I’m really sorry friend. I hope that things gets better. Im sending you a lot of love.

1 Like