I'm withdrawing and it's terrifying

I couldn’t sleep last night I kept having nightmares, I woke up sweating, and with a headache, I’m numb, but my body aches, I was hallucinating that someone was playing with metallic objects.

3 Likes

Hey @anon3821937, as you’ve mentioned withdrawing - have you stopped taking the medication that was prescribed to you?

1 Like

@Micro

I’m withdrawing from my meds because my family is forcing me to withdraw

1 Like

How are they forcing you? Have they taken the medication away from you?

1 Like

@Micro

Yes, they hid it from me.

1 Like

Have they told you directly why? (Sorry for all the questions, I’m trying to understand what is going on precisely).

2 Likes

They don’t want me to take it anymore. So they’re forcing me to stop taking it.

2 Likes

Alright. Well, it is not their decision to make, especially since this is involving your own safety right now.

Friend, I’m sorry to say this, but it is time to call the authorities. There is absolutely no other way around anymore. This has been going on for too long. It can’t keep happening over and over. You will need to grab a phone and call the police (or a hospital) to explain the situation.

4 Likes

I can’t call the police on my family. I wasn’t able to call my doctor either. Which sucked

2 Likes

Would you agree that what they’ve been doing to you is wrong? Shaming you, preventing you to see a doctor or therapist, preventing you to get the help you need, etc.

I know you do, because you are here and you’ve been reaching out for a while. Calling the police on them is scary, but it’s the only way from now on to prevent any of this from happening anymore. You are not trapped there. There are people who can help, if you let them.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree. What’s happening is wrong.

3 Likes

Then you need to let others help you. Police, Justice, Doctors. Somehow, your family needs help to understand what it means to care for someone and their safety. Having someone from the outside to intervene could help all of you. But they can’t know what’s going on without you making the call, friend. <3

You deserve safety.

3 Likes

I’m going to try and call him today if I can.

1 Like

I agree with @Micro FallenAngel. This should not be happening. Your family is treating you like its up to them to decide your fate and what is good for you. They are harming you and making your illness worse. I would talk to the police but if you dont want to do that right away I would talk to your doctor about it if they know of any solution that does not involve police. Maybe a short hospitalization where you will have the time to take a breath, explain the things that bother you and your situation and with the help of proffesionals finding the right solutions.

3 Likes

@Ashwell

I know right, I hate it.

1 Like

Yes it is horrible what you are going through. I am sorry that you are going through this and i want you to be happier FallenAngel. i hate to say this to you but your illness right now is not your biggest enemy. Your family is because they are preventing you from getting the help you need and that is illegal and wrong. You need to seek help. It does not matter who, your doctor, hospital, police, the Avengers anybody who would help you. Please call somebody. Your torment has lasted long enough dont you think. I want you to be happy. I really really do…

1 Like

@Ashwell

I know, I don’t like them anymore, my aunt started giving me my uncles medication which is illegal to do so. And his dosage is higher than mine.

1 Like

Hey @anon3821937

Sounds like you’re having a lot of hallucinations about your meds. Have you told your caregivers? They can help you if you just tell them what’s going on. When you have schizophrenia you believe everyone is out to get you and hurt you. Your caregivers aren’t going to take your meds from you, because you need them and it’s their job to make sure you have them.

It’s also very common to think that someone is messing with your meds when you have schizophrenia. I stopped taking Latuda because I thought that was what was happening to me. They told me it was a side effect that was making me feel sick but who knows right?

I think you need to talk to a nurse or whoever is taking care of you.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%

1 Like

Is there just one person where you are staying that you like?

1 Like