Important message to anyone on the wall (trigger free)

I have had a few people ask me how to handle triggering posts or how I handle when I feel triggered by things on the wall.

Friends. I’m going to tell you the way so many people have told me:

Only read and respond to what you are comfortable with. Never ever feel obligated to respond to every message you see. Even if you are tagged.

We all are hurting in our own ways here and it’s so important that we take care of ourselves first. It’s good to want to help others. But if sometimes is too triggering or sensitive for you, absolutely do NOT guilt when you can’t or don’t know how to respond.

If the wall becomes overwhelming, take a step back. I’ve had to take a few steps back in my months of being here. It does NOT make you a bad person.

Someone DM you on here or discord and you aren’t comfortable responding or can’t respond as fast as they like? It’s OKAY. I have battled with these guilts. You are never obligated. Only do what you feel comfortable with. There are mods around that can help you if you are unsure of something being sent to you.

We can’t help everyone all of the time. People have had to remind me of this before.

So just know. Only read what you are comfortable with. Only respond as you are comfortable with. Don’t over work yourself. Take a break. It’s okay to want to help, but always look out for you!

I love you, friends. Be safe

• Kitty
11 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a caring and thoughtful message.

I appreciate you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.