Innapropriate behavior at work

I quit my job as a server at a residential facility. I walked out after I was talked to disrespectfully after responding to a cook that I could not run my order right at the moment and asking if someone else can do it. He responded by saying “you can run your own order girl”. Then another cook got involved and said that it’s part of my job to do it myself. This same cook has previously said/talked about sexually inappropriate things. It pisses me off the way I was talked to. I’ve been a respectful person to them. There was a different server the first cook asked to run the order and she didn’t do it so instead of looking down on her not wanting to help out while I’m busy, they’d rather blame me for simply being honest and responding to what the cook asked me to do at the moment when I was busy with other things. I have an email to an hr person. I am debating whether I should email them to tell them about the sexually inappropriate things one of the cooks has said in the past. They will probably ask why I didn’t report it right after it happened and I don’t have an answer to that.

5 Likes

Hi Friend, thank you for your post, I am sorry that this happened and that you were so upset that you needed to quit your job, that sounds awful. Its not nice to feel like you have been treated disrespectfully. However I do not see any good coming from you sending an email to HR about the person unless you have solid proof of what they have done as that is what they will ask for. Its a shame you job has gone over this and I wish you luck in finding a new one. Much Love Lisa x

Hello Friend, I’m sorry you were talked to like that, it’s not ok. I’ve been involved in sexual harassment stuff and if you’re going to report it, you’ve got to have proof. It’s your word against theirs and without proof, it will prob not end up the way you want it to. I’m not saying not to, but really think about if it’s worth it. I would however, complain about how you were treated by the cooks, because it’s not ok. Let us know what happens. ~Mystrose

1 Like

Hi Bobohobo,
thank you for sharing with us.
when it comes to situations like that, its very hard to report this things with no witness or evidence.
also later on that, the situation you need to explain, why not direct after makes it a bit harder then.
if it helps you and you are open for it, maybe talk to the cook honestly about how you felt with the
comments and that you do not like that.
i feel so sorry to see you are going through that, you deserve a job you do not have to deal with this issue,
a job that makes you happy my friend. i wish you all the luck in the world going forward, finding the right
job. you are loved my friend and you matter, you deserve that.
Feel hugged and Greetings

1 Like