Insecure and not eating

Well lately i haven’t been eating at all since i feel like i’m not perfect n i’m fat so i don’t want to eat anything at all

4 Likes

Hey @Horselover200246

Thank you for sharing this here. It sounds like you’re struggling with self image and are taking it out on yourself and punishing yourself in a way by not eating since you feel like you aren’t perfect. Know that I know that struggle. I’ve done and felt the exact same way and I can say it turns into a vicious, painful and unhealthy cycle. You are worthy of food. You do not need to deny yourself food to feel closer to perfection. I understand that feeling though because that voice says we aren’t good enough. We feel out of control and don’t want that feeling to stay so we take matters into our own hands. We don’t eat, thinking it will help. Thinking we deserve it or that it will bring us closer to where we want to be. Closer to perfection. In reality all it is doing is hurting us more. Doing more damage. When those thoughts and feelings are so loud it can be hard to hear let alone believe this, but you truly are perfect as you are. You don’t just deserve food, you need food. You don’t need to hurt yourself to feel like you are good enough. You are more than enough. You always have been. You are not in this alone my friend. I hear you and I understand you. It’s a hard thought process to fight but you are not your thoughts and your thoughts do not need to become actions. Know that you are so dearly loved. You are beautiful for who you are just as you are and I truly and completely believe that. I’m here for you and I know the rest of the community is as well. We truly do believe in you.

Hold Fast,
Hannah

3 Likes

Hey @Horselover200246,

I’m so sorry you’re not feeling well in your body. It’s such a tough experience. I’ve personally struggled with the way I perceive my body for decades now, and the temptation to fall into old patterns such as not eating is really tempting sometimes. But it’s not worth it. In the long run, it only adds more pain, and the first illusion of control that we have becomes a total loss of control. You know that already: starving yourself is not the way. This is about learning to be at peace with your body and making healthy choices, not fighting against yourself or your body, friend.

If you want to lose weight, there are many ways to reach your goal, and I want to encourage you to reach out to a nutritionist in that case. They are equipped to guide you, to support you through all of this, to give you practical advices and help you develop healthy goals. Perfection isn’t reachable. But feeling good in your body, eventually reaching a different weight through a healthy process is possible. You don’t have to do this alone though. If you are, please don’t hesitate to talk about it around you. You deserve to be supported through all of this. Don’t let this discomfort and rejection of your body be a negative fuel for you. You deserve to treat yourself well, to learn to be at peace with yourself. We all want the best for you and to encourage you to make healthy decisions. :heart:

3 Likes

Thanks this helps me a lot.

3 Likes

Thanks this helps me.

2 Likes

@Horselover200246 wow… the second I saw “insecure and not eating” I knew I had to check on you. I am the exact same, feeling fat and eating less, but then also binging. try reaching out to a person you trust. I know this is hard, and to be honest I haven’t talked about my unhealthy eating habits to anyone, but I know in my gut it’s the right thing to do. one thing that has helped me has been eating slowly and drinking lots of water. also, remember that you need to be nurtured (with healthy foods of course), and starving yourself is extremely risky and can even be fatal. I know it’s hard, but I promise we will get through this together, and I’m here for u :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Perfection is highly overrated! The only kind of perfection that is worthy of pursuit is that you be a perfect expression of exactly who you are. Your body is not who you are, and others who are worth knowing understand that. Food is not your enemy. Anxiety related to your intake isn’t helpful. If you feel as though you have to fight yourself in order to manage your eating habits, you are telling your subconscious that those habits have immense power over you. That’s simply not true!

Be gentle with your body! Give it what it needs to serve you well. After yo-yo dieting for several years, I finally managed to stabilize my weight. I accomplished it by making very small adjustments to my intake, until my weight remained where I wanted to.

Make sure you get enough rest and sleep, as lack of it often manifests as a compulsion to eat, as though eating might take the place of sleeping.

A clear and relaxed mind makes the best decisions. Perhaps it might help to find a form of meditation that you’re comfortable with.

Let us know how it’s going.

1 Like

Thanks this helps me alot

1 Like

Hey Horselover,

The HeartSupport Houston team responded to your post with this video. We hope it helps, and will keep tabs if you respond.

Hold fast friend!

4 Likes

I can try that. and i will try to let you know of what is happening

Hey, just watched your video, One question who was the person that Morgan was talking about? also thanks for making an video it helped a lot.

1 Like

You’re welcome! That’s a tough thing you’re wrestling with and we’re here to help.

Let me text Morgan and get him in here.

2 Likes

Nick Bare! Here is his story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aSlTPKQKkY

1 Like

Thank you Morgan for sending me the link to the video

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.