Instagram Fan #11

I’ve been dealing with a lot of weight on my shoulders making me have anxiety and depression and even darker thoughts. Feelings and thoughts of not being good enough for my job, my friends, family, my gf, or even Jesus. It’s really taken a toll on me because it makes me distance myself from everyone and everything I love. The thought of admitting to my family that I think these thoughts and I need a therapist makes me feel so shameful. I want to rebuild my faith in myself and in God and be able to open up to those close to me but I feel like I cant

1 Like

There’s no shame in admitting you could use help.

I deal with not feeling good enough too, and it can be really difficult to fight. It’s hard to remember that you deserve to be fought for.

You’re a human being with breath in your lungs. Therefore you matter, your feelings are valid, and you deserve to be loved. You’re worth fighting for, and there’s no shame in fighting.

Oh man do I understand that weight.
I have been struggling with it myself lately after having coming up on a year without a lot my normal work.
It definitely has put a big weight on my shoulders.

There is absolutely no shame in needing help! Think about it. If you’re moving say furniture. Those items can be HEAVY and we need a hand to pick them up and move them.

The weight you’re currently dealing with is no different. Sometimes we need a hand to help us lift that weight and there is absolutely no shame in that.

Much love to you friend!

From Original Poster: @heartsupportwall thank you so much I really appreciate it :slight_smile: I will fight

1 Like

If you try your best to be kind, then you will be good enough for loved ones, and good enough for the world.

Hey friend, I promise you there is nothing to be ashamed of, and you are not betraying your loved ones, your coworkers or your beliefs because of what you’re going through. Depression, anxiety and dark thoughts grow with shame and isolation. We feel ashamed for not being able to be the one we were before, we feel less and we hide by building walls around us. You just broke down one of those walls, friend, by sharing your heart here, by allowing yourself to be vulnerable.

The people you share your life with have at heart to support you, including during your darkest times, just like you would do for them if they were going through the same. You are not at fault for struggling. You are deserving of help, of love. The first step is the hardest one, but once you open that door, you allow others to shoulder this heaviness with you, to hold your hand and stand by your side. You don’t have to face those obstacles alone. I see therapist myself, and seeking help was one of the best decisions I ever made. Understanding, support and compassion are at the rendezvous. You can do this, friend. <3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.