Instagram Fan #29

I’ve literally never spoke about this in public, but lately it’s been on my mind. Cancer is in my family medical history. This type of cancer is something usually diagnosed in people over 50. But, it’s becoming more and more common for young people to be diagnosed with it. And the thing is, the early indicators of this type of cancer are symptoms that I’ve struggled with off and on. So, recently, I’ve been taking medication to be more healthy in this area, but they aren’t working quite like they should and I’m very worried that this cancer might be in my future. It’s an embarrassing thing to deal with and I don’t want to get into the specifics because of why it’s so scary, but I can’t shake this fear especially now that I’m trying to be healthier and I’m just in more pain than I was before. I’m not a hypochondriac, this is a very real concern. And I’ll probably be fine for a while now, but knowing that this illness could potentially be a problem for me is eating me alive. And besides the fear, I’m just in a lot of physical pain, and it’s exhausting to constantly feel off

Ahh man that’s super scary. It’s hard when things are so out of your control. I always try to remember when things aren’t in my control to be thankful for the good times and to focus on what I CAN change. You can always change how you react to even the hardest situation. You sound like a really strong person, you can choose to move through this bravely. We believe in you. Proud of you for sharing.

2 Likes

Hi friend -

I don’t think for a second that you’re a hypochondriac. Cancer is definitely something that can sound and be scary, especially when it’s something that you have a family history of. And for every new sign that pops up, the accompanying anxiety can eat you alive. And I don’t imagine that dealing with your physical pain on top of that helps.

While we can’t see our futures, we can do things to shape them. Take control of what you can and don’t let go of it. Sometimes that’s all we can do, and sometimes, that just has to be enough for the moment. Do you have support around you? Are there any support groups that you could possibly look into that focus around this type of cancer? It might help if you could find others who deal with your particular issue to see what they have done to manage their health. And keep reaching out to us. We are here to support you in every step, so that you are not alone. <3

3 Likes

I can’t imagine how scary that must be for you.
I really admire your positive attitude towards staying healthy, it’s inspiring.

Thank-you so much for feeling comfortable enough to share your vulnerability with us, that is a great accomplishment and I’m super proud of you!

Wishing you so much love and positivity for the future!:green_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.