Intrusive and angry thoughts

I’ve been having memories of past abuse from a family member and other people who have hurt and bullied me. I got no justice and I want to make them suffer at times. I’m angry and want revenge but other times, I feel an apathy because the fact that there was no justice is so unfair and it’s out of my control so it feels like there’s nothing I can do to make it right.

4 Likes

Hello @Bobohobo

I’m sorry you’re having bad memories about your past abuse. This happens to me a lot too. It’s distressing, consuming and exhausting. Not having justice for the things you’ve been thru really sucks and it’s not fair at all.

I will share a couple things that help me get thru it.

Writing out my thoughts on paper is very helpful. I can just let it all out in a safe way and I usually feel better after believe it or not. Just talking about those thoughts and pain and getting them out really helps.

Another thing I do is talk to my therapist about the thoughts in my head. I’ve spent whole therapy sessions just talking about one thing that I couldn’t get out of my head and I can’t tell you how better I feel after words. Usually, my therapist can help me see things differently or teach me a coping skill to use when it’s too much.

You can even let it all out here and get some feedback and support.

I hope that you can find peace.

1 Like