Is anyone even listening?

For the last few weeks, things have been incredibly rough at home. My mum has been talking about leaving my dad, and we’re all taking it incredibly badly, especially my dad and my 21 year old sister, Abi. They keep sending me to pick up the pieces, and I’ve tried making suggestions, but no one listens. I try to talk about it with people and no one wants to hear it… The people that do listen are most often busy and so cant talk, and by the time they get chance… I no longer want to talk.

Tonight it got bad tho. My mum said to my dad on Sunday night that she was staying at my nans empty house for the night because she needed space… She said it was only for 1 night, but, she did the same Monday night. We’re at Tuesday night, and Dad drove round to nans house to check on her because he’s worried, and she wasn’t there… She won’t tell anyone where she is, and she won’t answer anyone. She briefly phoned my youngest sister but didn’t say anything about her whereabouts… She has a past of suicidal thoughts and severe depression, but nothing like this has ever happened, she’s never just disappeared without telling me, but now she wont tell me anything.

Abi was diagnosed with Anxiety 2 weeks ago, but we know its been part of her life for years, and all of this isn’t helping. She won’t talk to anyone, she just sits on her phone all day scrolling through Instagram or sleeping… I’ve been there, I know how it feels, but I don’t know how to get through to her to talk to me, I’m worried about her. I’m worried about my mum. She said that now I’m moved out, she will always answer the phone to me, but, tonight, she won’t even do that… She is my dad’s world, and I know his emotional abuse is a lot to take, but my mum won’t even sit with him and talk…

If they split up, the whole family is just going to be torn apart, and we may even lose the dogs. I don’t know what to do… We’re all worried about her, but she doesn’t seem to care. I’m so lost…

1 Like

Hey Kayla,

First I want to tell you how much I love you, and how proud I am of you! I’m so proud of you that you saved up the money to move out! I know this is something we’ve all been talking about for awhile, and I believed in you, and will continue to believe in you!

I want to say that I’m so sorry you’re going through all of this, but you are so loved, you are so important, and please please don’t blame yourself. I’ve been dealing with some family drama the past few nights, and it’s so easy to blame ourselves, but I want you to know that it is not your fault.

I know that you believe in God, so my next advice would be to pray about it. This is something I struggle with. Because I find myself praying about things, but then feeling so helpless, because in a lot of situations all we can do is pray. But God hears your cries, sees your every move, knows your every thought and worry. Take this to God, believe and trust that He has a plan.

As far as what you can do, unfortunately it seems like you’ve done what you can to reach out to your mom, and talk to your dad about what is going on as well. It’s not easy at all, and it’s not the answer that we want to hear. As am I, you are sitting in a storm right now, and you just have to ride the waves, and keep your eyes on the lighthouse (God). Know that I am praying for you, I am here for you, and I love you!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It!

Love Always,
Monkey

Hey @Kayla ,
friend i am listening and i am here.
If you ever need to speak to someone this community has gotten your back . we love you kayla!