Is being happy really a thing?

why is it so hard for me to find happiness … im 16 and ive been depressed for quite a long time because of my mother … every day its the same thing but a different story , i crack jokes with my sister all the time but she started taking it too far telling me that my nose is big which im very insecure about and she told me to kill myself over and over again… my mother talking about dont crack jokes if you dont want jokes to be crack on you but she never see any thing they do wrong … i literally sat there crying while my own mother was being rude to me calling me names and ugly and saying im disgusted her … what do i do to deserve this ? imagine sitting her telling your own blood , TWIN at that to go kill herself , i promise myself i wouldnt take myself down that rude again but it seems to me they will never miss me … they would sit and laugh me like wow yall really dont like me , every time i wish i had a mother who loved me for me but wishes is just fairytale … i will never have a fairytale…

2 Likes

@kennedy

I’m sorry you aren’t doing well. Have you talk to them about your insecurities?

1 Like

my mom and sister are the same. i also am very insecure. i gave up on happiness months ago. i really don’t know why it’s so hard to find happiness. you should talk 2 them about it. hopefully they will understand.

1 Like

Hey @kennedy,

Your mom and your sister shouldn’t behave like this. Their words are hurtful, abusive, and I’m sorry you’ve been treated like this. I understand too well that feeling of being rejected by your own mom, to doubt if she really loves you or not. It hurts to question this, as we just expect from our family to love us, unconditionally.

I know it’s not always easy to see things differently, but something that helps me sometimes is to remind myself that people who are abusive are certainly struggling too. They just don’t know how to express it the right way. I’m not saying they’re right by saying things like this, of course not. But it makes them more human and, by extension, their words are less powerful, more meaningless.

You are not what they said to you. You are not define by their words or their attitude. You have worth and value, regardless of how others treat you. Friend, this is a fundamental truth that you can hold on to. Your heart is beautiful. So is your soul. You are enough as you are.

Sometimes, having an honest discussion with our beloved ones helps. But sometimes they’re not disposed to hear or understand. I don’t know if it’s possible for you to consider having a real discussion with them, but know that in any case, this community is here for you too. We see you. you are not alone in this.

You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

i can’t talk to them because they don’t care about what i have to say , when i was 14 my mom found my notebook where i said i wanted to kill myself she didnt do nothing about it . thank you tho🤍

2 Likes

thank you & i hope you find happiness someday :white_heart: , they wouldn’t listen to me anyways so i just gave up trying with them … none of them likes me anyways

1 Like

thank you so much for the kind words you have been giving me these past months :white_heart: , i feel much better expressing to yall how i feel instead of them because i feel as though yall can understand where im coming from my mother and sisters would never understand me … today they literally was bullying me but i didn’t say anything i just sat there lost . thank you for these kind words :white_heart: some day i hope to find happiness & thanks for the song :slight_smile: i loved it !

1 Like

we are always here for you no matter what state you are in or what you are going through i care and im here to talk anytime :white_heart:

1 Like

Hi @kennedy - Thank you for being here, we love and appreciate that you took the time to open up and post. I am so sorry your family doesn’t support your mental health. Teasing is a big deal, it can really highlight and make our insecurities more apparent. Parents should nurture and help you grow your self esteem, but human’s aren’t perfect, and no one is a perfect parent. It is okay to wish for better, for yourself. We hear you, you do matter, and we are so glad you are here.

1 Like