Is it normal to share my brain with other people?

Okay. I’m actually not that new tbh. I started referring to myself as a system last May, but then I stopped because it was making my protector uncomfortable and insecure. Idk how they’ll react when (if?) they wake up.

1 Like

So your saying your personality changes all of a sudden in an unstable way,

According to the American Psychiatric Association, [90 percent] of people with dissociative identity disorder in the United States, Canada, and Europe have experienced childhood neglect or abuse.

How was it like your childhood

I can understand! Your group has to stay happy and comfortable!

1 Like

So your saying your personality changes all of a sudden in an unstable way,

No. I never said that. I just said that I have other people who I talk to in my head.

How was it like your childhood

I went through some school trauma between ages 4-10. (I originally thought 6-10, but my mom informed me that I was already being mistreated by my teachers when I was in preschool.)

1 Like

Thanks for understanding!

1 Like

This notification freaked me out, so THANKS, obscurely-named bot.

Anyways, I have some questions.

1. Do you think someone may be passively observing me without making their presence known? I feel like I’m being watched and every once in a while I sense a presence commenting on what I’m doing or giving me advice. So far, I’ve been dismissing it as my own thoughts, but what if someone is no longer dormant and, for whatever reason, is watching me?

2. Is it possible that I may be not fronting or even dormant without me even realizing it? Lately, I’ve been feeling emotionally-numb and very dissociated, and I was wondering if maybe I’m not even fronting anymore. But, if I wasn’t fronting, who would be? Is it possible for nobody to front? Idk; I just feel void of emotion and personality lately, and I can’t do anything that requires focus or effort.

1 Like

Hey, no problem and sure let me answer!

1. It’s possible it’s a dormant alter (or headmate if you aren’t comfortable) is slowly coming into the front, that’s what happened to me when I met my little, Angel. I suggest you give it time for them to form and if you want try to spark a small conversation to see.

2. That sounds like dissociation, depersonalization to be specific, look at the very first article I sent about depersonalization and check out the links I have in that post and see if that adds up, and if not, you could be con-conscious with another head mate, as they may front but you can see everything. Co-conning is a bit weird and I suggest you talk to someone about co-conning but I can say I have co-conned with my alters and it’s basically I see what they are doing but I have no control and I can understand and hear their thoughts more than I did before but I never felt I lacked emotion, it’s more like I feel them but it’s been out aside now the other alter is there with their emotions.

1 Like

I’ve tried reaching out, but I don’t get an answer. In fact, the thoughts seem to quiet down as soon as I address them. Also, I think I must be experiencing depersonalization.

1 Like

It’s very likely, but I say give it time and see how that turns out but it’s likely to be depersonalization too. So, wait it out and see how it goes :]

1 Like

Hey, so… I gave it some time and now I have a question. Is it possible to for two non-fictives to integrate into a fictive? I’m pretty sure that the thoughts I heard were my protector in the process of integrating into me and now somehow we may be ENA? I’m not 100% sure but when I see her I’m like, “Hey, that’s me!” Which is kinda weird considering I’m the “host”…

Here’s a picture of ENA:

1 Like

It’s possible, then again I don’t have any fictives yet so I can’t say for sure…

1 Like

Okay. How many alters do you have?

1 Like

The only ones I know are two, (in my bio) but I am thinking there could be more but they are dormant.

1 Like

Okay. Also, I have good news! Two of my headmates have returned from dormancy! Their names are Cyanide and Whitney. They are co-con, so I will let them talk now.

Cyanide: Hey. I used to be a persecutor but now I’m not. And now I have a girlfriend (Whitney) so that’s cool! I feel sorry for Rowan though. Everest is still gone and they were clearly their favorite. Oh, and I based myself on Alastor from Hazbin Hotel, so hit me up if you’re a fan!

Whitney: Hi. Idk what to say. I’m socially awkward… sorry. Cyanide is my boyfriend and he’s done some questionable things in the past but I decided to forgive him. Since we missed Valentines Day, we may go on a date later. Also, we live at the beach. Okay, well, nice to meet you, Sky and Trev. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

Idk why they returned all of the sudden. They were gone for slightly longer than Everest (protector), so hopefully Everest returns soon! I miss them. :broken_heart:

1 Like

That’s great!

To Cyanide: I’m a huge fan of Hazbin Hotel (Helluva Boss more but still) I think you and Trevar could be good friends!

To Whitney: Hello! That’s alright! I have a little named Angel who’s the same and never fronts because of social anxiety so I understand! But aww it’s good to hear you two get along very well!

1 Like

Later on I’ll try to get the gang to send something but in the meantime it’ll just be me. :]

1 Like

Sounds good! They’re no longer co-con but I’ll show this to them next time they are. Cyanide usually tends to be co-con more often than Whitney because she typically only comes close to the front alongside him. I’ve urged him to bring her along whenever he’s co-con but he often leaves her behind in the inner world.

1 Like

I get that, in my headspace Trevar takes care of Angel when I front but when Trevar fronts I co-con but also care for our little

1 Like

That’s how Everest and I were with Gracie! When they were in the inner world they would take care of her and sometimes (mostly at night) I would go to the inner world to spend time with her but still have outer world awareness. Unfortunately, I hadn’t gotten to spend much time with her shortly before she fell asleep along with the others. I feel guilty for neglecting her because she considers me her mother yet I’m almost always “at work”. (She doesn’t know about the outer world.)

1 Like

I understand you! I think Angel has fronted a few times before but I’m not sure, but either way I like her company :]

1 Like