Is it relapse if there’s no blood and just a few scratches

So, I don’t really know what to say this time.
I guess I just made a few scratches on my leg using a pair of scissors but there’s no blood and you can’t really see them. I don’t know if this really counts as relapse or not.
I don’t know why I’m posting this either, I guess it’s just to try and figure stuff out.

Sorry if you read this and it was a waste of your time.

1 Like

It isn’t a waste of my time, but please don’t hurt yourself friend. Even if it wasn’t deep and damage was minimal, it’s still an unhealthy release.

I know things may feel difficult right now, but stay strong. Have you considered or tried reading through “Re- Write”

It may be a really good resource for you. I recently worked through it. As you work through it you could even share some of your thoughts if you wanted to from the workbook.

Be gentle with yourself. You are loved and valued.

• Kitty
1 Like

Hey friend, I’m glad you posted here. You are always welcome to share here and it is NOT a waste of time for anyone to read. You are IMPORTANT and you are LOVED. I know it is painful to relapse. I’m wondering what is causing you to want to cut? Is something painful happening that is making you want to escape. I’m sending love, and hope that you will continue to share and heal.

2 Likes

I asked myself the same thing for so long… I was like “it’s just scratches that’ll fade, its not a relapse”
As someone who self harms + addict, I say, IF you did it with intention to cause yourself pain in order to focus on something else - then yes. It was a relapse, but, not what we call “a full” relapse. It’s also still progress. Yea ok, you harmed, BUT, you realised enough to stop before making those cuts too deep.

This isn’t the end of your recovery friend. It’s okay. Keep getting back up!

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

Hey Luca,

First I just wanted to reach out to you and let you know that you are not alone at all. Self harm is something that a lot of us struggle with, so please don’t feel like you are alone, and that nobody understands. Because I see you, and I care about you.

Now I’m going to say, whether this is a relapse or not, I don’t really think that it’s that important to decide if this is a relapse or not. Because my friend at the end of the day, the end goal isn’t days clean, it’s for finding freedom from this, as well as healing from the pain.

Recovery takes time, and please don’t get down on yourself because of this. You are in my prayers, and I hope that you can find healing during this time. Also if you have not gotten a copy of rewrite yet here’s two links:

Free copy of rewrite: https://heartsupport-merch.myshopify.com/products/send-me-a-rewrite-book

If you can buy it: https://heartsupport.com/self-harm/

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey

1 Like

Video Response:

I want to send you an encouragement sticker too:

4 Likes