Is it wrong not to freak out during a pandemic?

Hi there. Since we are in a season of the Coronavirus epidemic, lockdowns, quarantine, people are overbuying food and toilet paper, I am not freaking out. Is it wrong? I am trusting the Lord, Jehovah Jireh that He is helping us to get through this. I always ask Him to give me joy, peace, patience, self-control, and the rest of the fruits of the Spirit when trials happen. Sometimes when I have a good day. I am enjoy the fellowship with my brothers in Christ that I am interacting on their live streams while I am chatting on the comment section. I must be the church to the ones who are hurting. I hope everyone is staying safe, and thank you for reading this. Much Love! :smiley:

4 Likes

AVJR,

Kind of weird to feel like you’re in the middle of a storm and are the only one not panicking…to feel like – am I wrong for not feeling as anxious or urgent as everyone else?

It’s almost like being the only disciple not freaking out on the boat when the storm was raging and Jesus was asleep. It’d feel weird!

Personally, I think that there’s two lines to walk – I think one you’re doing really well, which is walking in peace and offering that to others…you become a refuge, an extension of God’s grace to others. LOVE that.

The other line to make sure you’re walking is that you don’t let your peace invalidate others or lead you into being careless with precautionary measures.

This is a quote from Martin Luther during the Black Plague:

“I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me however I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely as stated above. See this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash no foolhardy and does not tempt God.”

I think this is a really awesome quote that both affirms peace, service, and sobermindedness about best health practices.

Hope this helps man, and I think you’re shining.

4 Likes

If it is any consolation I kinda feel the same, meaning I am not freaking out and trying to keep pushing myself. Truthfully I don’t know why I am not freaking out. Maybe it is because of my work and the things I have seen, or maybe due to certain life situations I had to endure it kinda has made me desensitized. I honestly don’t know. Anyways, we all cope with things differently and that is okay, as long as we are doing it in healthy manner. If your faith is helping you through this time that is totally okay. Keep doing what works for you and continue enjoying your online fellowship.

3 Likes

No, I won’t wouldn’t say so. I mean, It’s normal if it’s experience or just plain aware without anxiety. As long as you under self-control. I guess you have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

@Lonewolf1997 @mufcninja @NateTriesAgain

Thanks! :smile:

2 Likes