Is this normal

I’ve lost fifteen pounds in two weeks just from me becoming more sick. I don’t know if I feel happy or upset. Already went to the doctors and they say that is is just something viral but I dunno… this doesn’t seem normal…

5 Likes

Hey. I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling the greatest. We aren’t doctors so we can’t really tell you if something is normal, you really need to ask your doctor, but I will give you my two cents.

Viruses can do a number on our bodies. Even though there are symptoms that can be similar, there are also a lot of different symptoms between the different viruses. When we think of a virus, we generally think of things we regularly catch, like the common cold and the flu. (Or covid in recent times.) Just as an example… If you’ve ever had the flu, think of how it affected you and for how long it affected you. Now, I don’t know what virus you have and I’m not asking you to tell me, but losing weight is a side effect of being sick a lot of the time and sometimes it can cause a big loss in weight. It just depends on how it affects your body. Some people do lose weight when they catch the common cold or a variant of the flu.

The good thing is that you’ve been to your doctor and your doctor believes he/she knows what’s making you sick and making you lose weight. I think if the weight loss was a problem, your doctor would have brought it up. They will let you know if something is an immediate concern, and generally say to let them know if symptoms get worse. So, that being said, if you lose a lot more weight, or if your symptoms don’t get better, please see your doctor again. And don’t be afraid to ask them questions.

I hope something I said helps in some way. And I hope you feel better soon.

3 Likes

Hey @TheQuietKelsey,

How are you doing since you’ve posted? Physically emotionally. I would love to hear some updates from you I’d you are willing to share of course. You are not alone. :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

how’re you going? Have you been back to the dr recently? Thinking of you today. Hope things are feeling better for you.

4 Likes

Hi Friend, We are just checking in on you to see how you are doing? I hope you have gotten over your virus now and have regained your weight. Please drop us a note to let us know you are doing ok…Much love lisa. x

4 Likes

Hi Friend, I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well. I’m glad you went to the doctor to make sure you were ok. How have you been? ~Mystrose

3 Likes

Hey TheQuietKelsey,

How have you been since you posted this? I hope you were able to get over what ever virus you had that cause all of this. Hope you’ve been well.

4 Likes

TheQuietKelsey, how are you feeling? It’s been a couple of weeks since you posted this and we care about how you are doing. Please let us know how you have made out and if you are feeling any better.

2 Likes

hey kelsey,

i want to also check on you like micro did… how are you holding up? i hope the doctors have been able to give you some kind of answer or a battle plan to help you. i remember going through a similar dramatic weight loss due to medical stuff as well so i 1000% understand how this could be a frightening thing as well as a “oh cool hey i lost weight” kinda thing. your whole heartsupport community is behind you, supporting you every step of the way through anything you’re facing. sending you healing wishes, my friend, and hope you’re feeling a bit better since posting.

love,
twix

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.