Is this the right place to be?

Hello everyone,
it’s been a while since I started to feel like I don’t belong in the place I live anymore. I’ve always lived here in Italy but there’s nothing appealing to me anymore about this place. I used to love my hometown to death, but now I feel like everything’s changed (or maybe I did?). Also I don’t see myself living here in the future, but I can’t also see myself anywhere else honestly.
The last two days have been a lil confusing too. I feel like I will never succeed. Everyone’s like “you’ll be doing great things” “can’t wait to see you moving to somewhere else like US” “you’re too much for a place like this” etc, but I don’t feel the same.
I barely have friends. To be honest I do have, but they all live in other towns and we can’t hang out that frequently. People around here seem like they don’t want to get in touch. They spend their time at home, always on their phones or Netflix, and it’s nearly impossible to get to know new people. I wish it was like in my high school years, when WhatsApp and Facebook didn’t exist and people just spoke with each other.
Also health isn’t the best lately.
Thank you in advance for any advice/opinion you might want to share. :sunflower:

1 Like

Hi friend!
That’s so tough:/ that must be really hard not feeling like you belong in the only place you’ve been your whole life. Thank you so much for opening up about this.
All I can say is if feel like Italy isn’t your place anymore, and you are wanting to grow and meet people, I would recommend traveling to different places and getting a feel for them then seeing if you’d wanna move somewhere:) I know how trapped you can feel l,especially being surrounded by people who only want to be involved with/on technology. I’m sorry you’re going through this and I hope you figure this out soon :heart:️ And as for your health, I’m very sorry. Maybe take some time for yourself and relax? If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you friend! Love you​:heart:️
Stay Strong

1 Like