It’s been a year

TW: suicide mention
I just found out that it’s been a year since I’ve been in inpatient. That a year ago I actually searched out for help for just suicidal thoughts. When now I hide away even durning tries. It feels weird to have gone backwards in the sense of asking for help but it’s not really backwards as I have more support and more people I talk to before thoughts so I don’t really know what’s happening. I guess it’s also been a little over a year since I joined heartsupport. Funny how time flies and slows down at the same time. I don’t really know why I’m trying this but I felt like it needed to be said. I guess it partly for prosperity sake and for saying that I made it. I don’t know how. Anyways I hope you’ll have a nice day or night.

7 Likes

This is AMAZINGGGG!
You deserve a fan fare! It’s okay to feel like hiding, as long as you know when it gets to much to handle alone.
Thanks for being here!

3 Likes

Thank you. I don’t really know if I deserve fan fare or the sad trombone to be honest. Not feeling like I deserve anything nice to be far

3 Likes

You definitely do deserve more than you’re feeling! I can totally understand what you mean though, but rest assured that you deserve to be celebrated!

3 Likes

If you say so. I don’t really know

3 Likes

The good news is that you have made it a year, apparently without a crisis. It also sounds like Heart Support has helped meet your need for support. Now the question is, do you need more support than you have asked for? It isn’t a question of going backwards, as you continue to gain experience and grow in insight. If you judge yourself negatively because you don’t think you should be asking for support, you may not be going backwards, but it will interfere with going forwards.

I appreciate hearing from you, Wings

3 Likes

It’s incredible how fast time tends to fly. Yes, you’ve made it, which is absolutely worth to be said and celebrated. You’ve certainly come a long way and have progressed in many ways through this journey. Of course there’s always steps further to keep taking. But it’s also good to slow down sometimes and take the time to actually acknowledge all the ones that have been taken already.

@ManekiNeko is also absolutely right: hiding is okay. It’s not a bad strategy. It’s one of my own coping mechanisms. I often need to retreat when the world - or my inner world - gets too much. What matters is that we keep learning to not turn hiding into isolation, which have both different implications.

I’m grateful for you, @Paladine. I’m glad you are part of this online fam’, whether it’s when you are around or with a distance. You are loved through each season you may encounter in your life. :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi Paladin :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s true time flies by. I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing but that is the way it is. I am glad that you are here with us and that you found people that you can ask for help. I wish for you when another year goes by to be a lot more happier :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.