It’s been chaotic but alright | CW Sh

I spent a little longer than a week in the psych ward, before deciding it’s not what I need right now. I’m the kind of person to feel and sense other people’s feelings and emotions on top of my own, which can get overwhelming fast. It was given a lot of thought and even more discussion with my therapist at the ward. I’ve been released and home now, since Tuesday.

I made some nice friends during my stay tho lol

And I hit a new milestone too; 11 weeks clean :))

I’ll be most likely meeting my best friend, who lives on the other side of my country, for the first time on Tuesday next week. I’m very excited.

Things are still very messy and I have a hard time processing my thoughts, but I’m doing okayish.

7 Likes

Hey friend,

Well done for spending a week in the psych ward, and even more for being aware of your needs, and that the help/environment provided therem ight not be for you. It’s through these experiences, trying, learning as well that healing happens, as it makes us closer to the type of support we need.

Congratulations as well for those 11 weeks clean! That’s SO amazing. You can be proud of yourself! We are proud of you here.

It’s always good to read life updates from you. I hope your meeting will be a great time! Enjoy, friend.

You are growing without a doubt. And that’s truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing your life with us here. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

hi @HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease

congratulations on 12 weeks clean, my friend!! i am so incredibly proud of you and your progress and i am extremely excited to hear updates on your journey forward!

by now, you’ve probably met your best friend for the first time last week. how did it go? that makes me so happy to hear as someone who has had the ability to watch your growth through your wall posts and to have such a cool meet-up happen brings me so much joy for you.

you’re doing amazing!

love,
twix

3 Likes

Yes, empathy can be overwhelming, and it’s good to hear that you seem to be managing it. I also found myself caring and connecting deeply with people who were staying at a mental health facility. Extra sensitive people are more challenged to maintain good mental health than those who are not so perceptive. When it comes to facing such challenges, you’re in good company.

Processing thoughts is often messy, but it’s okay to allow that, as long as you can keep a decent perspective and be overwhelmed by them.

Congratulations on your new friends. Stay safe and let us know how you’re doing.

2 Likes

@HeresA.Gun.KillMePlease
Hi Friend
I just want to take this opportunity to say congratulations to you on being clean for 11 weeks. That is an unbelievable accomplishment, one of which you should be so proud of. Thank you for sharing that and allowing others to see that it is possible.
I understand that you still have quite a road ahead and you will always have friends and support here whenever you need it.
Good luck and keep us informed about all your exciting future milestones.
Much Love
Lisa :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.