It was all pity (tw: transphobia)

I feel spoiled for feeling bad bc so much good has happened… like I made a ner friend recently ^^ but I feel like i’m missing, as If i’m not living… I feel like i’m missing from my life and other peoples lives… the feeling is like a horrible mixture of boredom, sadness, and doubt… I want the feeling to end…

one of my trans friends were having a hard day yesterday… she was devalidating herself and even other trans women saying that none of them passed. She said that HRT doesn’t work and she will never be a woman. I tried comforting her and telling her that she will be a woman and pass as one. we had a little argument Abt if trans women passed, after that I asked her if she sees me as a man, she said no thankfully…but after that she started to compare herself to other women, setting unrealistic standard for herself, and even saying that no trans woman will ever pass as a woman. she said they were pitiful creatures who cant even achieve a fraction of real women’s beauty, as a trans woman, I was disappointed in her, I tried to move the subject but it just switched to jealously and how women pity trans women, and will never be jealous or look up to them, I then said that a girl once said she was proud of me for coming out to my whole school… after I said that my friend said “she was just putting you, if I were a girl and a guy wanted to be like me so much he would change his body, I would pity him too.” and I kinda believe her too…
I hope this makes sense…<3

2 Likes

Hey @C_Urchin!

I made a video reply for you. : Reflections on Identity and Transition | Loom

This is that YouTube link I shared as well that might help too <3

2 Likes

Oh my dear friend, my heart hurts here. heartsupport — Mozilla Firefox - It was all pity (tw: transphobia) - HeartSupport / Support - heartsupport — Mozilla Firefox - 30 May 2024 | Loom

2 Likes

the vid isn’t working for me T.T

the vid isn’t working for me T.T

Sorry for this, friend! This is unfortunately a tech issue on the forum with Loom videos - we can’t read them from the preview/embed directly. I just edited @djstarion’s post so you should be able to access the video now with the link, onto a separate page.

2 Likes