It's hard for me to talk about what happened

This is the first time I write here and I can’t seem to open up and talk about how I feel still after 10 months from losing my sister to suicide. I cry every time I bring up the subject with my close ones and I can’t explain everything I feel. Sometimes I feel maybe I also want to stop existing because there’s no point without her here. We were really close. Anything encouraging is welcomed. Ty

2 Likes

I’m sorry about your sister @sliz. Do you know why she did it?

Yes I know she was very unhappy about her looks, relationships and our financial situation in Costa Rica. I live in the US but she was living with my father. My parents divorced when we where little and that prob had to do with her internal anger. Plus she was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder type 2 and Borderline Personality Disorder 2 years ago. She always told me she wanted to kill herself after she had an argument with a friend or when the home situation got very stressful.

This song was written by a guy who lost his grandfather, who he was very close to. After the funeral, he stood and watched the people talking about how great this person was, the impact he made on them and also how he’s at peace in heaven.
And he thought, that must be another kind of heaven. If nothing else, heaven is the legacy you leave behind. The things people remember about you.

It’s okay to fall down and cry. But would she want you to stop living? Somewhere out there is a person you will fall in love with and probably have kids, and maybe you’ll tell your kids about your sister, what she was like. Pass on her legacy.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’m crying and I guess you’re right. Idk why im crying

1 Like

She’s not in pain anymore. I know it’s really sad that she’s not on this earth anymore, but she’s not hurting anymore. She’s in heaven, watching you. As long as you remember her, her spirits there. She’s not truly gone.

2 Likes

You can get through this, friend. You’re not alone

1 Like

I know I can, it’s just so hard lately.

1 Like

But it won’t last forever

1 Like

Much Love to You My Friend. :hugs: :love_you_gesture:
Thank You For Sharing Your Thoughts.
Thank You For Sharing The Life Of Your Sister With Us.
We Honor Those Who Loved Us By Doing Our Best To Live Our Lives In Happiness And Love.
And By Bringing Happiness And Love To Others.
By Sharing Their Lives With Others.
Thank You For Letting Us Get To Know Her Just A Little. Truly. :pray:
Again, Much Love.

3 Likes

You’re brave for sharing this.

There’s many people that love you and want to see you smile!
I know you can do this, keep going! :heart:

3 Likes

I lost my cousin to suicide in 2012. You never forget them, and you learn to live with the pain. But it somehow makes you into a stronger and more grounded person. Sending my thoughts and love to you my friend. You will be amazed at how resilient you are. I promise you will find a way to be okay. <3

2 Likes