It's suffocating not being able to trust your own thoughts

I always have these negative thoughts and I’m trying to fight against them but it’s so difficult.
I feel like I can’t have a relationship with someone. I’m trying to trust that person but these bad thoughts make it so hard to know if they actually like me or not. I always think it’s just a matter of time until they ghost me or don’t like me anymore.I’m trying not to act on these thoughts but sometimes I just can’t help myself and it always puts a strain on the relationship, understandably. I wouldn’t wanna date me.

I feel like I have waited way too long and that thought pattern is too ingrained in me to be able to stop it.

3 Likes

Hey Kira !! Welcome to the community :slight_smile: Glad you came here. I totally get where you are coming from. I have been broken up with several times due to insecurities and my anxiety. ( specifically being romanticized for my mental illness then left when they realize I am not easy to handle and anxiety is not a cute quirk). Its normal to be scared and fear trusting someone. Having a person who you want to date is a really big deal, its like you are putting your heart on the line so OF COURSE its super scary! Relationships stress me out. Just remember no matter what happens with a specific person you like now or later, you will not be too much for a person who truly loves you and cannot get enough of you. That person is out there for you. In the mean time practice self love! Say affirmations to yourself in the mirror! Be kind to yourself. You matter :slight_smile: hold fast friend!! You’re awesome.

1 Like

Hey @kira,

We have responded to your post live here. Hold fast friend, and lean on our community.

• The HeartSupport Houston Team
1 Like

Thank you a lot.
Well, I guess I’ll have to post an update to it. Cause, bad stuff happened.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.