I've disconnected from reality and I'm not going back

tw//// suicidal thoughts

Hi. I was here maybe a week ago, talking about my mental health issues and how they’ve made disconnect with reality.

I don’t know how much longer I can handle it though. The reason I’ve always wanted to live a full life, no matter what happens, is because I always loved life and the feelings that come with it. The issue is, I almost never get those feelings anymore. Even when I go outside or hang out for a bit, all I want to do is retreat back into my room, where nothing bad or harmful to my thoughts can get me. But even doing things by myself doesn’t satisfy me anymore. I hate the world around me. I hate everyone around me. I hate listening to people talk. They say alot of words, but don’t say anything with them.

Despite how painful it is, I don’t want help either. I don’t want people to tell me to take medication. I’ve tried several and they haven’t helped even a little bit. The thought of doing breathing exercises makes me think back to a therapist who had such an aggravating voice that it still hurts me to this day. I can’t “try new things” when my OCD is so horrible that looking at people feels like it physically hurts me. I don’t want to be told to “seek professional help” when it’s so expensive, so time-consuming, and I doubt it’ll even be worth it. What is someone with a degree in psychology going to tell me that someone else can’t? And why does it have to be so hard? We have quick emergency help for people who breaks their bones, so why not for someone whose brain has broken and has been suffering in silence for months!? Where’s my emergency surgery!? Why can’t I just be a normal happy person instead of some asshole who sits in their room feeling sorry for themself because they hate how different they are from everyone else?

For my whole life, I’ve blindly listened to what other people told me to do, and that’s led me down a path of failure after failure after failure. I hate these people, but I still hear their voices in my head, judging my every move and controlling my every motivation. If I sound wordy in this, it’s because I’ve been taught by manipulative people online that you need to sound as smart as possible, at all times, and failing that means you’re a moron who might as well not be speaking English at all. Even if I’m surrounded by kind people in real life who only want the best for me, if I have to listen to them talk about the weather or a squirrel they saw down the street one more time, I’m gonna bang my head into the wall until I stop thinking.

I’m a failure, a heartless monster, an apathetic sociopath, an idiot, a creatively driven person with no creativity, and every other horrible, awful thing you can call someone. I hate myself for all of it, and yet I can’t accept change. I’m tired of being told to change. I hate all of it. I hate everything.

I don’t want to live anymore, but I’m still hoping that things will somehow get better eventually. I still have dreams, even if they’re based on what I wanted in the past. Do I have the motivation or knowledge to actually make them come true? Probably not. I thought I wanted to be an animation director or a storyboard artist or something, but there’s probably never been a worse time to be one. Networks pay their animation team 2/3rds of what live-action teams get, and they don’t treat their shows with any respect. Shows get cancelled and the team doesn’t find out until it’s announced over the internet or something. Considering how time-consuming animation is and how much of their hearts people pour into it, I consider that incredibly disrespectful.

Animating used to be a dream job for me, but now it seems like a waste of time. I hate that the one thing that still gives me any hope in life is shunned by studios in the US. I hate that the shots are called by bosses who don’t give a crap about the people who carry their network. And I hate that the world I live in doesn’t seem to care.

I went off-course there, but it ties in to how I feel like the world doesn’t care about me. The nice people in my life will tell me I’m smart or insightful or whatever, but in the end it means nothing because the world wouldn’t be different if I didn’t exist. I’m unsatisfied and ungrateful for what I have, but no matter how much I try, nothing changes. I’m done trying to change. I’ve just accepted that the world is cruel and uncaring and humanity was an accident. (I don’t believe in God. Please don’t try to convince me he exists.)

5 Likes

Hey there, I want you to know that I see you AND I hear you. I am so proud that keep coming back to HeartSupport to find the support that you need in the moment. Take it one day at a time! I am glad you are part of this world.

3 Likes

Hi julia, I just want to thank you for coming back and making this post. I hope that you continue to come back and write what is on your heart. I know you don’t want advice, so I just want to tell you that you are seen and heard here and we do care about you. I’m so sorry that life is really heavy for you and I hope that they will create medication to treat your misophonia and misokinesia soon and that you will find peace. Please take care, you matter. ~Mystrose

3 Likes

It sounds like you’ve had a lot to deal with lately. I know I may not fully understand the depth your situation, so I just wanted to let you know that you’ve been listened to. Your frustration and hurt are all valid and you aren’t any of the things that you fear label you because of it. If there’s any way we can support you better, let us know.

3 Likes

Hi Julia,
thank you for the update on your situation and your journey.
your worries, struggles and toughts are seen. we are thankful that you keep us is your mind and that you
are here on our support Wall.
If there is something we can do for you, how we can support you to help you in any way you can always
reach out here. please share your progress further with us here, because you matter and are worth it.
you deserve everything good in this world.
the world can be cruel and uncaring, but also there is beauty out there, caring and kind hearts. so many
good people in our community and we are very thankful for being part of your journey.
Thank you and feel hugged from the bottom of my heart,
Greetings

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you so much for posting again, I want to start by saying that I love how you write. you are so descriptive and leave no doubt as to how you feel and that is just what we love to read so that we can understand you more. I wish I had a magic wand so that you had that emergency help you needed to get “fixed” just like people with broken limbs, its never seemed fair that, that isnt a possiblitly. I read your words and I find myself nodding along with what you are saying as I agree with almost all of it but so sad that I cant fix it so what I do want to know is, how can we help you? how can we support you beyond reading your posts? is there anything we can do? please post here as much as you wish. we are always here for you friend. Much Love Lisa. xx

2 Likes

Hello, julia! I know that you are fairly new to the forum and I am so glad that you found this place where you feel safe expressing yourself.

I do not know what to say to you specifically about your struggles but I want you to know that you are seen and we are here for you. Please continue coming back and sharing with us. You matter, we see you, and we care about you :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.