JakeLuhrs Fan #6

I lost a friend to suicide on Sunday.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. I’ve known several people who have chosen to end their life. Unfortunately, it doesn’t end the pain it just passes it to someone else. But do not blame yourself, this is not your fault. Please know that you are not responsible for someone else’s choices. Prayers go out to you friend in this time of loss.

I’m very sorry to hear about your friend. I’m also very sorry because I know that can’t be easy to handle. It’s not the same thing, but I just found out a childhood friend OD’d two nights ago. I’m having a hard time coming to terms with that also. I haven’t spoken to her in over a year. I care about YOU and how you’re feeling. Try to find some time for yourself today to reflect on the good memories you have of your friend. Peace and love.

Thank you for your kind words. He was a very good friend of 10 years. He had gotten out of the Navy in January and suffered from PTSD, severe depression, alcoholism, and anger issues. I always tried my best to be there for him and I feel like I failed. Sunday morning, I had called to tell him that I was buying plane tickets to visit him in December. Sadly, I’ll be buying plane tickets for a different reason.

1 Like

I am sorry for your loss and that you are going through this, I hope you have friends and family close to you to help you through this difficult time.
I lost a close friend over 10 years ago and although you never forget you learn to manage the different feeling easier. I found that any time I was sad, angry or had mixed feelings I looked back at the good memories that were shared.
My thoughts are with you, Stay strong x