JTCavey Fan #1

Im concerned with starting medications. I reached out to a doctor and got some, but im worried it wont work.

Yeah, it’s super hard to trust this totally foreign thing…and to put so much hope that this path might make your life better also brings about the fear that maybe it won’t work for you…I remember going to the 12 steps for the first time to begin my recovery and my first fear as soon as I knocked on the door of my sponsor’s house was – what if this works for everyone except me? I totally hear that fear, and you’re not alone in that. Thank you for sharing your heart <3

1 Like

Dude, thanks. Im mostly just realy not intereated in all of the sixe effects and “zombification” that antidepressants are stigmatized to have.

1 Like

Hi. I hope your day is beautiful. Try the medications as directed and see what your experience is. If they don’t work, and the experience isn’t a positive one, try your absolute best to realize this: Medications prescribed by another human being who’s not living in your shoes and seeing the world through your lens, are not the only possible tool for calming your discomfort.

I’ve been on a similar genre of medication, and I can say for me personally, they were more useful when I looked at them as a tool to work with, instead of a magic pill that makes all of the bad things go away. It’s a joint effort. However at the end of the day, if you don’t like the way they make you think and feel, then you’ll know.

Aside from all of that: there are SO many avenues of hope in this life, and just know that if you’re a human being who feels empathy for others, you are NEEDED in this world. You are loved, and you are adored. Even by those who don’t know you. I promise.

1 Like

Yeah I totally get that. It’s a scary thing to feel like your life is going to get sucked away by something that’s supposed to help you

1 Like