Juicebox Fan #1

A lot on my plate trying to juggle the kids, house, new management position possibly & everything else in between. Laundry piling up & I’m just trying to keep my head above water.

5 Likes

Hi, welcome to Heart Support. Keep in mind, you can only do so much. Thinking about all the things you have to do can be overwhelming. Thinking about doing just one thing at a time is more manageable. Getting behind in the laundry isn’t the end of the world, nor is a messy house. If you can, get some help with the chores. Make sure you get enough rest. After you’ve been in the job for a while, life will seem more manageable.

Hang in there my friend, Wings

2 Likes

Life can be so demanding and more so during certain seasons than others.

@Wings makes a helpful point, there’s only so much you can do. I feel the same way and some days just have to say “the lawn can wait” or “cleaning will have to wait”. I get it, It can be hard! You want to keep up with all the things, but sometimes you just can’t (and that’s okay).

I hope that you can get some time to yourself soon to restore and that the new management position pans out for you (if it is what you want) :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Hi Friend, may I suggest a nanny who does housework? haha just joking :slight_smile: I think having some type of routine or schedule is a great idea. When my son was growing up, we had a dry erase board in the kitchen with each day filled with appointments and a routine for everyone. Put those kids to work if they are old enough and if you have partner, put them them to work too if possible. Asking for help is OK. ~Mystrose

3 Likes

Hello, Juicebox_Fans, and welcome to the HeartSupport community! Thank you for sharing this with us. Congratulations on the promotion!

Life can certainly be daunting especially as your work is getting more difficult.

May I ask how old your children are? Even pretty young children can be given small tasks as chores that can help you out with housework. Or if you have some extra money with the new position and can afford a maid every once in a while to help out.

I hope you find a balance and manage to get some help if you need it. Please feel free to post here anytime :hrtlegolove:

3 Likes

Hi Juicebox_Fans. Welcome to heartsupport. It seems like your having a lot on your plate. Maybe try to find help with the kids and maybe a partner. I think you should take some time for yourself too. You definitely deserve it. Also some things dont really need tobe done right away so try to take that into a consideration.

2 Likes

Hallos! If your kids are old enough you should try to get them to do stuff as well instead of piling everything on top of yourself. If you’re doing it in a random order it might help to have a schedule.

2 Likes

Hey Friend, Thank you so much for this post, I think a lot of people will be able to relate to this and how hard it is to try juggling being a working parent trying to keep everyone and everything happy which of course is not at all possible. Your frustration is apparent and understandable but all you can do is your best, please try not to put so much pressure on yourself to do everything all at once, its ok to not be perfect and please take care of yourself too. You Matter, seriously who takes care of you?? best of luck. Lisa xx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.