Just a little venting

I feel like my life isn’t moving anywhere. I’m too scared to try new things and get new experiences. I feel like I’m stuck in the same constant cycle. I’m going to be starting a new program at my local college to hopefully give me some sort of spark back. I miss creating. I feel like I’m not good enough for anyone, no matter how hard I try, nothing is ever good enough. So why even try? Does me no good anyway. I’ve been trying to re-teach myself that I can’t fix everyone’s problems. I need to learn how to make myself a priority again, but that’s a lot harder than it sounds. Thanks for reading, stay safe.

5 Likes

Start by being good enough for yourself. If others are judging you according to their own uninformed opinion, experience and standards, living up to their expectations is a losing battle, and one that should never have existed in the first place. Trying to fix everyone’s problems will wear you out, and remove your “spark.”

There’s a bit of dissonance I’m noticing here. You’ve been trying to fix other people’s problems, and although you haven’t fixed everyone, I’m pretty sure you’ve been a great help to many. That’s not a demonstration of “nothing’s ever good enough.” On a daily basis, decide what’s “good enough” based on your own talents and limitations. Being concerned about the approval of others can be debilitating.

Would it help to realize that by making yourself a priority, you will regain your strength, which will ultimately empower you to help others as you see fit.

You’ve already faced a lot of new experiences, from the first day of kindergarten onwards. Facing changes, such as the new program, imagine jumping into a spring fed lake. It’s coolness is a bit of a shock at first, but then it becomes fun. You miss creating. From that, I gather that you’re creative, and have some talent. You mentioned “nothing is ever good enough,” but I suspect that products of your creativity are good enough, and will become even better as time goes on. That improvement also requires prioritizing your own needs.

Don’t “try” to re-teach yourself. Just do it!

Thanks for sharing your venting, Wings

1 Like

I hate it when MY time is wasted on things that are useless

2 Likes

Thank you for all of that. I’ve never thought of ‘being good enough for myself’ was an option but you made a really good point. I’ve been trying to open my eyes to the obvious; I am one person and I can only do so much. I need to take the weight of the world off of my shoulders and only carry my weight. (If that makes sense) As far as creating, just like many others, I think my work is never good enough, but, at the end of the day it’s my work, you know? Perfect or not perfect, it’s my art and I sure do enjoy it when I get the chance. Thank you again for your kind words, I appreciate it more than you’ll know.

1 Like

Hello Friend, welcome! It’s great that you’re starting this new program and I’m hoping that you will find things that are interested and your spark will come back. I think a lot of us think we are not good enough, but I just wanted to ask you if this is just what you think or have people actually told you this. It is true that we cannot fix everyone’s problems, but it’s really hard to accept isn’t it? I, myself have a problem with supporting others more than I take care of myself and it’s hard to find a balance with that. I guess establishing boundaries for ourselves is a start, perhaps that would help you too. Self care is very important. You matter! ~Mystrose

3 Likes

Hi kermit. Welcome to heartsupport :slightly_smiling_face:. I thik you have made a good point. No you cant fix everyones problems. You can certainly help people but its not up to you so. Its good to take some time for yourself to regain energy. You have a caring heart and thats good but every person needs to focus on themselves too. Figuring out what is it that you want and what you enjoy might be a good idea. It might not be anything spectacular. You might like small and peaceful things like reading books or collecting minerals or playing a piano. It doesnt have to be something spectacular as long as you enjoy it. I hope you will find something soon. That new college program might help with that :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome to the wall kermit. I’m glad you came here to talk. From reading what you have said, it sounds like you in some ways already know what you need to do and are making some very positive steps to a better you. It’s good that you are starting a new program at the local college. It’s always good to invest in yourself! You’re right, you can’t fix things for other people. You can offer help, support and walk along side them, but they have to do their own work to grow and change. I don’t know who told you that you aren’t good enough but I hope this isn’t something you are telling yourself. You are more than good enough, please know that. You are valuable, you have great worth and yes, you need to make yourself a priority to make sure that you are caring for you well. Keep us posted on how the college program goes and how you are doing.

3 Likes

Hey Kermit, welcome to Heartsupport, its good to meet you. reading your post makes me think about how at least once in our lives we all get to a point where we kind of feel that we are on this treadmill going nowhere and its good that you have recognised this and decided to try something new. I think it sounds exciting to get to grips with a brand new project. There is no reason to think you are not good enough for anyone, Infact I am certain you are as good as everyone else and fixing everyones problems wont make that more obvious, Its ok to not be there sometimes. Just occasionaly its ok to just take care of yourself. I want to wish you luck with your program and please post again any time, we are always here to support you. Much Love Lisa x

3 Likes

Thank you so much for saying what you did. I think it’s something I’m gong to hold onto for awhile. I’m really excited to start this new program, I’m optimistic it’ll help my mental state and general perception of my life. Everyone else as well, thanks for being kind while my brain hasn’t been.

1 Like

Hey there,

I think we all have this kind of moment come along in our path. It can be difficult to change things up when we are in a cycle for quite some time, but it can happen. I believe that you can do it. I can tell that you have the spark in your sight & you will reach it. I believe in you.

You are amazing. You are important. You are valid. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.