Just Another Birthday...?

I’m turning 30 years old in a couple of days. Not really excited for it to be honest. I mean, it’s just a day…right? Another year on this massive rock we call ‘Earth’. I haven’t been enthusiastic for birthdays in the last several years or so. Don’t get me wrong, I have my mother and brother to celebrate it with, but I just dont see the significance or the excitement in it anymore. Am I being apathetic saying all this? I think I’m just rambling. It’s 4 AM…

3 Likes

Depends on whether this is a worrying change to you or not.

I know a couple folks who don’t make a big deal about it either, and don’t make a fuss for presents and parties etc.

Hey Tom,

Happy early birthday. :wink: :heart:

I think it’s not uncommon to lose this little “spark” for birthdays and celebrations over time. To just not feel the excitement we could have felt when we were young. I personally tend to be pretty apathetic when it’s about my birthday and things like Christmas or New Year’s Eve. To me it has become a day like any other, and since my partner and I don’t have any children, well we don’t really see the point of doing a big party, having decorations everywhere and so on. Actually we tend to see these as just exhausting, lol. So we’re totally fine with doing nothing for birthdays and such and not waiting for that day especially. To add to this, it’s been a lot harder to even think about birthdays while missing people I love who are not around anymore.

I’m sure your brother and mother though will only see it as an opportunity to celebrate you and would be happy for that. I can tell that I am very grateful for you and your presence.

Birthdays really don’t have to be a big deal. As long as it suits you and is meaningful to you, it’s all that matters.

I hope you’ll have a great day for your birthday. Whether’s it’s very simple and like any other day, or full of gifts and confettis. :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.