Just get through the day

Today has been a hard day. It is the anniversary of my dads death. He was one of my biggest supporters and was always here to talk and give a hug. I miss those hugs so much. I have been having anxiety attacks all day. I have put my mental health aside for so long because I’ve had to be strong and take care of my family. But it has gotten to the point where I can’t ignore it anymore and today has not helped that

3 Likes

Hey @talajoie welcome!

I’m really sorry you’re having anxiety attacks. I suffer from them too and it can be pretty bad sometimes, so I can relate to you. I’m also sorry for the loss of your Dad, I can understand why today has been such a rough day. :hrtlegolove:

Can I ask what you do to cope with the anxiety attacks?

Hi. I usually try to do deep breathing. Close my eyes, clear my mind and focus on each breath. If possible I try to go somewhere quiet by myself.

Breathing and changing your environment are both great ways, I do them too. Have you ever tried splashing cold water on your face? Or standing on something cold, like tiled floor? The shock in temperature helps my body out of anxiety attacks.

I think it’s great that you are recognizing that it’s time to find help. You got this!

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.