Just got to college /word vomit

just got to my college and im having all sorts of feelings. I feel excited, nervous, sad, and homesick. I know those are regular feelings to have, but I really don’t know how im gonna handle college. its good that im being pushed out of my comfort zone, but im just ready to get this over with. im ready for this month to be over with and do things. I miss home, my family, and friends, I feel like ive been a burden on my family for wanting to go to this school.
I guess my main feeling right now is loneliness. I don’t know whats gonna happen.i don’t know whats gonna happen with my life. I wish someone loved and cared for me. I don’t know if I made a mistake or not going here.
im gonna try to be positive and do as much as I can, im just scared.

Dear Nicole,
Thank you so much for coming here and telling us about the struggle you are facing. College can be very daunting and scary at times. Facing challenges alone can be especially hard. Just know that you have the strength within you to do this.
I have been in college now for a few years and it has it’s moments of difficulty, but overall it has been a great experience. And you will be able to make good friends that will help you have a more enjoyable experience there.
Keep your head up, and know that we love and support you here at HS. Keep fighting the good fight :slight_smile:

@nicole_kaley well done for reaching out and not bottling things up. There will be people in the same position as you, unsure and a little lost, you won’t be alone. You’ll very quickly gravitate towards those people and it’ll make things easier. We love for you and care for you. You will make some of your best friends in college who will really love you and support you the way we do, but in person.

Hold Fast
Kayla

Hey what’s up @nicole_kaley

It’s okay to have those feelings and it is okay to be overwhelmed. College is going to be exciting and scary at times. Have you thought about talking to a counselor on campus? It’s okay to do so and they are more than happy to work with you about adjusting to college and what your goals are. They also sometimes might have group sessions so that you can get different ideas as well as indirectly make friends, but only do that if you are comfortable doing that. Also know that you can always post on here about anything and everything.

@nicole_kaley, I know how you feel. I’ve been really lonely lately. But in that way, we are not alone. You can handle college one step at a time, one breath at a time. You’re scared, and that’s okay. I’m proud of you for trying to stay positive, keep it up, and ever you need help to remind you, we are here. To face your struggles and challenges are hard, but you are tough too. I believe in you. These challenges can scratch you all the same, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless, like sandpaper.
We care about you. We will never judge you, and we will always listen.

Stay strong <3

@nicole_kaley,

Thank you for sharing your heart and what you are currently going through right now. It takes strength and power to be so vulnerable in sharing and for that I am proud of you!

Man, I can completely relate to this. College was nerve-racking. The unknown is so scary! It would be so much easier just knowing what will transpire to make us have more peace in life. Fear of failure is ever is challenging. One thing I would encourage you with is to do whatever you can to let fear take its ground in your heart and mind before anything transpires. This is how fear has it’s power and control over us. It is only when we step out in faith and positivly approach each scenario case by case when fear looses it’s power and that power can be transferred to your confidence and strength by overcoming it with who you are.

Again, it is tough, but try it one small step at a time and work on building upon that each day. Remember, this is not a sprint but a marathon. We are all here for you and you can do this! I hope your transition is great and you are able to have an amazing time at the beginning of college!

-L

1 Like