Just had to have my 20 year old lovely cat put down ;?(

just had to have my 20 year old lovely cat put down ;?( very, very upset and sad

2 Likes

i’m sorry to hear that your cat had passed away (please excuse me if i read this wrong).

if you have to cry then don’t hold your tears back.

i’m sure she’ll be missed.

2 Likes

terribly missed. we went through so much together and she fought for years to stay alive and be with me

2 Likes

@Champagne

Your cat has been a blessing to your life. My cats who passed away had been a blessing to my life. I will always love them. I’m sorry you are grieving. Do your best to let it all out. Hang in there.

1 Like

I was dreadful on Friday and Saturday, but picked up a bit on Sunday and now I’m thankfully relatively stable and content. My sister and brother-in-law are coming up from Weymouth, Dorset to mine (Honiton, Devon) to take me to Brent Knoll (Highbridge, North Somerset) RSPCA Rescue Centre then back to mine: This is the new cat I will hopefully be having on my Birthday on the 25th!

[ UPDATE: ‘Storm’ had already been reserved, apparently, so I am now getting a 6 month old kitten/young cat instead who was originally called ‘Ravioli’ - I’ve now chosen the name Ollie for him - if you can pronounce Ravioli wrong (or right?) and then take off the Ravi part, you might just understand how I chose his new name! see my last post below for my full update with a photo of my new ‘new’ cat, who i am seeing on Friday afternoon ]

3 Likes

I am very sorry about your cat. At least it lived a long time do you need to talk about it?

2 Likes

That is awesome! I am glad you were able to find another cat and that you are stable and content again!

2 Likes

That’s an incredibly long and fulfilling life for your kitty. I always feel like that is the ultimate goal. You did a great job pet parenting, and you improved your cat’s life as much and they have improved yours. I know it hurts now, but when the time is right, another cat will find his or her way into your life.

1 Like

[ UPDATE: ‘Storm’ had already been reserved, apparently, so I am now getting a 6 month old kitten/young cat instead who was originally called ‘Ravioli’ - I’ve now chosen the name Ollie for him - if you can pronounce Ravioli wrong (or right?) and then take off the Ravi part, you might just understand how I chose his new name! historical photos of my new ‘new’ kitten/cat now below, who i am seeing on Friday afternoon, before collecting a week after on my Birthday! ;?) ]

3 Likes

So sorry to hear about your cat :(. Almost 4 years ago my cat passed away; he was almost 18 and we’d had him since I was 6. My mom found him on the sidewalk as she was walking to work, when he was only a few weeks old. So, I know how you feel losing that little buddy you’ve had for such a huge chunk of your life. You kind of always want them back, but then it’s also like, you think about how much time you got to have with them, and that you were lucky they lived a full life with you, you know?

I saw the pics of your new cat! That’s great, he’s so cute :D. It’s nice to see good news on here :). I’m going to be getting a kitten myself in a couple months now that I have my own pet friendly apartment, I’ll post pics, hope you see them :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE:

I have now had “BLIMP” nee “OLLIE” nee 'RAVIOLI" nee “AUGGIE” for just a day and a half (changes of name story later!)

The RSPCA Centre near Taunton, Somerset, said that he would be likely to take about three months to full settle into my home;

They also said not to introduce him to my other cat “FELIX” for at least a few weeks.

Well, my news is that he settled in in HALF A DAY (I did have to stay up all night, though!);

Also, I introduced him to “FELIX” last night and it went quite well. Today was very funny, as “BLIMP” seems to think that “FELIX” is his Daddy or Mummy and literally followed him around as fast as “FELIX” tried to get away for some space! The strangest thing was I had locked the cat-flap the wrong way and “BLIMP” even followed “FELIX” out of the back conservatory door cat-flap and, then, thankfully back in. He then spent the next two hours meowing constantly for “FELIX” to come back in! Cute as Hell, but very distracting, especially when you’ve only had about four hours intermittent sleep!!

Thought these photo of my late- Charlie Miles might bring a little much-need sunshine into your lives today!

With love from my Beloved Charlie Miles '99 - 11th October '19

(there are also more younger, and kitten family photos to be added to her Photobook at a later date, as these are on actual film and prints, so I’ve got to get them professional colour scanned or film strip converted ;?)

[My best moments in a photo book]

( https://www.bonusprint.co.uk/share-online-photo-book/9d295182-366f-420d-860a-66d9154c566c )

1 Like

Hey @Champagne, that’s so cute. :smile: Love the two photos where they’re sleeping around a green plant.

1 Like

oh. my. god! you certainly are lucky having brought those cats home - they look so, so cute to me!

1 Like

As you might’ve noticed, with my landlord/landlady’s permission, I smashed and dug out two concrete slabs up to plant some grass there in the early Spring, hoping they would both use the grass squares in the Summer. Know it would probably be Charlie’s last Summer with on this side of Reality, I forced myself to do it for her (and Felix). The Tuxedo cat in the earlier photos is Sophie, not Felix, but spotting the differences is not easy, even for me!

I’ve been highly blessed with all of my cats. They have stopped me from self-harm and giving up and committing suicide on at least three occasions, too…

1 Like