Just lost

Hello I am new here . I decided to take a chance and see if there’s actual support out there. I am a mother of 2 boys and married to an amazing husband. As amazing as my husband is his jobs has him gone all the time for months at a time . I recently started having some childhood trauma reappear. I feel completely alone and I have to wear a mask all day to hide that I’m depressed. It so exhausting to have to hide my sadness all the time . For the sake my children I don’t let them see me break down . I’m at a loss. I can’t go seek therapy at the moment until at least August. So can anyone relate or am I alone ?

6 Likes

I want to tell you that you are not alone, and you are worth everything you are putting into your marriage, your kids, and into every other part of your day and life! You do so much around the house, so many errands and you run the world for your boys! You have so much you do! I see you love your husband, and that is an amazing thing! Such beauty lies in a marriage that is blessed with love. Tell your husband that you love him but you feel that sadness. Let him know that. Know you’re not a bother to him. You are loved, you matter and you are cared for!

2 Likes

While I can’t relate to a lot of what you are going through, I just want to let you know we are here for you and we do have a discord server where you can chat to us in real time if you would like :heart: discord.gg/heartsupport can be installed on pc or phone! We all love and care about you. We are here for you whenever you need

2 Likes

Hey there,

I have an idea of what you are talking about. I know several active service members of the military and they have had several deployments, leaving their families behind, to serve the country. I see how hard it is for their parents and spouses. Worrying about your loved one, wondering if they are ok or not, and yes that can trigger trauma.

To answer your question, you are not alone, and someone is always willing to listen.
Your experience’s are valid.

<3 Zephirah

1 Like

Hey. Thank you so much for sharing.

I can tell that you care so deeply for your and it is admirable that you are attempting to be strong for them, as difficult as that may be. You are very much not alone in how you’re feeling. Your trauma is unique but I can say without a doubt that there are many other people experiencing similar emotions. You are not alone. And know that it is entirely ok to feel the way you’re feeling. I hope that you are able to seek therapy and talk to someone because you deserve that. Until then, remember that you are loved.

Hold fast.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience, @TheBotheredMom. I would like to personally assure you that you are, in fact, never alone. You have a whole community’s worth of support here to back you up :slight_smile:. I understand the need to hide your true emotions, for fear of involving others. Your feelings are more than valid, and we are here to help. I will also tell you that there is absolutely no weakness in asking for help, and sometimes the greatest strength in an individual is acknowledging that some thing cannot be dealt with alone. I encourage you to reach out to your husband, and to communicate everything you have shared with us here today. I have no doubt that you’d be able to recover, especially with the wonderful support system you have. Your family loves you, no matter what trauma you may have experienced or what feelings you’re currently experiencing.

Stay strong
~ William :heart:

1 Like

Hi @TheBotheredMom ,

The HeartSupport Houston Team responded to your post here - hold fast friend, and lean on our community.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.