Just pray for me please

Honestly, I couldn’t type about all the stuff going wrong in my life right now or I’d be typing all day. I’m just losing everything and I know how depressed I am and how my mind counters every positive thought or response anyone gives me. Just please pray for me. I have been laying on my couch for the last 20 minutes and I can’t stop crying. It’s not one specific thing. It’s everything from my family to my home to my relationship and everything. I’m supposed to be packing and I can’t help but to lay and cry, as a grown man, cuddling my pillow on my couch. It’s so hard to believe in anything right now or even have faith in a religion I’ve followed my whole life pretty much. But all I have left is to hope that maybe it will get better through this. Just please pray. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re struggling friend. It’s ok to cry and I’m proud of you for coming here and reaching out. You can get through this. Hold on to that hope. Just focus on getting through the next few minutes and once you’ve calmed down, begin to look at packing. You’re already helping yourself by just posting here because man I know it’s freaking hard. We are all praying for you.

Hold Fast
Kayla

1 Like

Hey, Mikel

Just wanted to say I’m praying for you. I can relate to this, when everything in my life goes wrong it’s so hard to believe there’s Something out there that loves you as much as the “religion” teaches. I’ve made so many mistakes and done so much to hurt people that I feel like Jesus or whoever you believe in couldn’t possibly love me or want to help me. But when we drop the religious view of things and focus on grace then we can truly begin to heal.

There’s a God out there that loves you, and wants you to have peace. I am still with you on the journey of knowing that peace, but we will find it. I’ll be praying for you today.

You are loved and cherished. Things will be okay. Don’t ever be ashamed for crying or hurting, whatever you’re going through. We are here for you.

1 Like

Hey @Uprise,

I’m so sorry to hear that you aren’t doing too great. Prayers and well-wishes are being sent your way. Being religious and struggling with a mental illness can be tricky, because we can definitely pray, but sometimes we need “worldly” intervention as well (i.e. counseling/psychology, psychiatry, support groups, etc). In the meantime, remember that you’re loved, both by us and by your Heavenly Father. You’re strong. There’s a fire in you that wants to push through, and you will push through. You’re a warrior. You’re strong and we believe in you!

-Eric

You guys words have proven true. I had such a struggle and one area I love and desire is music. So even fighting through intermittent tears, I played some Fit for a King and started packing. Eventually, it became manageable. As much as I am contradicting what I said about my mind fighting positive thought and words, the opposite eventually happened. Thank you guys. I know the depression will hit again hard. I just need to be prepared. Thank you guys. I don’t know any of you. But your words are strong. Everything and feeing is still there. It’s just becoming more manageable. The depression, I can’t get rid of. Yet, the way I respond to it, will hopefully become easier. It was so strong I couldn’t/didn’t even think about anything positive. It was like my mind wouldn’t allow it. Next time, hopefully I’ll be stronger. And maybe even one day. When this long storm passses, I’ll hopefully, eventually, become strong enough to fight through and be positive.

1 Like

Hi @Uprise,

Thank you for sharing. I’m so sorry to hear that things are difficult right now, but they will get better. It sounds like you’re overwhelmed from a lot of things at once. Maybe start with one small thing you can control, and go from there. Something as easy as, “I can pack socks first, and then see how I feel.” Socks are small and don’t require decision making.

Take things one step at a time. More importantly, keep breathing. I believe in you. Hold fast.

<3 AnitaBandaid

1 Like

@Uprise will be praying for you. If there is anything else that you would like to pray for just hit me up.

2 Likes